Badminton 2024 thread

eggs

Visit site
I've been watching the dressage but listening to the commentary on radio Badminton. It has been commented on a few times that in their opinion some of the work was worthy of higher scores.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I agree especially with Georgie Goss, her medium trot and extended trot were worth at least 8.5 IMO especially compared with others that were running. Hers was the only one I’ve seen who was balanced and using his back end properly. I was late to watch so didn’t see the first 2 go so don’t know about them..

equinerebel

Visit site
Do you need Badminton TV in order to listen to Radio Badminton? I can't seem to get it working on my phone so wondered if that was why
ETA - never mind, I've got it working now :)

Kadastorm

Visit site
Definitely marking more harshly. WFP did a really nice test, which I would have thought would be in the 20’s, but got 30.6.
Of course, I’m not a pro, I’m not a judge, but just going off of previous years I thought it was a good test. His canter on a long rein looked fab and H judge said 8 but judge at C said 6.5.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
Yes but there were little mistakes starting with his halt so that knocked him down quite a bit, I think he got about 5 from all judges and that wasn’t harsh because it was quite bad .. luckily the rest was ok but the horse looked tense which is unusual for a William ride

Kadastorm

Visit site
Well done to Helen Martin. Her 18 year old lad being a drama queen at the applause for the previous rider. She did bloody brilliantly to even get him in the ring and he started to do a nice test (even if he shot off in canter at the start) but then the rein back was cheeky. She did so well, he is a beautiful horse.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
Will be interesting to see if they mark higher tomorrow as they sometimes seem to. Today they seemed to be stuck in between 6 & 7, and have hardly given anything an 8 . I think they need to reward more of the good movements , there was one horse who did a fabulous extended walk and it got 7 , when comparing it to the next horse who was hardly tracking up and got a 7 , it seems very odd , and I am someone who watches pure dressage so do know a bit about it, even though I haven’t agreed with the latest lot of judging in the Grand Prix, but it seems I am not alone in being critical

Chippers1

Visit site
Absolutely boiling at Badminton today, lots of hot dogs! Complete contrast to last year's mud fest.
I was having some lunch in the Mars hospitality tent when William Fox Pitt walked in! I was too nervous (and hot and sticky😅) to ask for a photo but I am slightly regretting it now...

timbobs

Visit site
Absolutely boiling at Badminton today, lots of hot dogs! Complete contrast to last year's mud fest.
I was having some lunch in the Mars hospitality tent when William Fox Pitt walked in! I was too nervous (and hot and sticky😅) to ask for a photo but I am slightly regretting it now...
I’m going on Saturday - would you said the ground’s ok for trainers or should I wear walking boots?