Badminton Day 2. Lucy and Shaabrak

wizoz

Visit site
I sat and watched all the afternoon tests, apart from the last 2, needed to get going home!

I have to say, I was SO impressed with Lucy's test and felt she deserved all her marks, so a BIG well done to her, a shame she got knocked off the top spot going into tomorrow but my fingers will be x'd for her.
Idalgo looked an absolute picture too, William rode a really lovely test on him, just losing a few marks on his changes but what a smashing horse.
Zara, well I think she will be very disappointed with Toytown, he did not perform to a standard that he can, all his lengthenings were not as good as what i've seen before and he was very naughty in the "rear back"
shocked.gif

I am really looking forward to watching Idalgo go xc tomorow, he was stunning at Powderham, so definately one to watch.

The younger riders, they really are kicking some butt and snapping at the oldies heals
grin.gif
I saw Emily Llewellin ride a smashing test, she's only 19!!! Well done to them all and best of luck to all the riders for a fab round tomorrow
smile.gif

Off to bed now, got to be up at 5.15 to miss the bl00dy badminton traffic
mad.gif
wink.gif

toomanyhorses26

Visit site
if you see a horse called coolgrange merger please give him a big cheer as it is my vet who is riding him and its his first visit to badminton - hope you have a fab time not jealous at all
wink.gif
grin.gif

jules89

Visit site
I am so jealous you are there, I will be on a plane to Turkey (I know, nice for some) but would rather be at Badders for the weekend THEN go to Turkey!

SO impressed with miss Llywelln (sp!) top class girl

SpottedCat

Visit site
Karin Donckers rode an absolutely superb test on a really smart, supple horse, it was a joy to watch and she totally deserves to be in first place going into tomorrow.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
WFP rode the test of the day for me. It was windy and noisy and Idalgo is a hot head. The horse looked amazing and totally listening to his rider. To keep the horse that cool with just a few mistakes is amazing.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I was too busy to listen to her test, but pleased it went well, I recall most of last winter whenever I had to visit Warren most times it was chucking it down and there she was, schooling away, woolly hatted and listening to an ipod but ignoring the rain which I hated even opening my car door to!
If winning goes to those who work the hardest and have the utmost determination, then she should be there, I think the ordinary owner/rider would be astonished at what goes into making a partnership successful at Badminton levels.
From the smallest preparations (I had no idea the bridles for XC are tied into the horse's mane with a leather shoelace!) to having a massive fridge freezer in the box (I assumed it was for ice in their drinks, no, it's to ice the horse's legs afterwards, more fool me) to the literally years of training it's mind blowing when you look at the whole picture.
I'm rooting for Lucy (and Jade of course
grin.gif
), last weekend two of the former Warren working pupils both won their sections at lower levels, so I'm hoping the good luck carries through to their trainers as well.
I'm planning an easy day in front of the tv tomorrow, hope your drive home is early enough for you to catch the action too Wizoz!