BADMINTON ENTRIES

Annie&Amy

Visit site
Well the list is up on the badminton website and it's good to see that they have a wait list this year. Pippa only got Ensign entered, what's happened to Primmore's Pride?? I know he was injured but has he retired now? William has four horses entered, i know he'll withdraw two but does seem a bit unfair that he's allowed to enter four when other people are having to wait to see if they'll get in or not!

palomino_pony

Visit site
Its a shame Andrew Downes hasn't got anything this year. He's a fab rider who schooled my TB and even got the unrideable bronking chestnut to go nicely!

He's been trying to get the Badminton for years. His horse didn't make it round last year (heart attack I think)
frown.gif

Paddywhack

Visit site
Primmores Pride has not evented since 2006
I think that it might have something to do with qualifications and points how many horses you can have entered and first come first served ??? A few more riders got more than 1 horse entered

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Correct it is done on the number of points accumulated via FEI events. So a horse who has qualified but not done particularly well will be well below a horse like WFP who has won or been placed in 3* or 4*.
I think its a fair system but does discriminate against the person with one decent horse who just wants to fulfill a dream.

Jemayni

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Its a shame Andrew Downes hasn't got anything this year. He's a fab rider who schooled my TB and even got the unrideable bronking chestnut to go nicely!

He's been trying to get the Badminton for years. His horse didn't make it round last year (heart attack I think)
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true but Ive seen him out and about on a very nice grey mare, Im sure shes just as exciting!

gracemacrae

Visit site
Over 60 on the waitlist! Given it is an olympic year somewhat surprised that so many are entered as quite a few "big" names obviously being saved and not running. Do wonder if Badminton should accept more entries and start the dressage earlier (maybe Wednesday) as a huge shame for those who's dream it is to ride there and then not get in. Seems it is the dressage which takes the time as having been at Badminton before cross-country doesn't normally start until 11am ish. Gives us spectators far more too watch as well!

LEC

www.youtube.com
His plan is Saumur from everything I have read. He needs to do a 3* as not qualified for 4* so would never have got an entry.
Doing a 3* he can be qualified for Olympics but it will depend on his national federation whether that is good enough.

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
ah ok i just could have sworn there was mentions when he first started that he was aiming at badminton especially as he had done and won that 3* the other week or was that the wrong type of 3* (see I am useless with the eventing qualification lark
grin.gif
tongue.gif
)

LEC

www.youtube.com
It was a CIC3* so just a one day one. He needs to do CCI3* and then he is qualified. He has till 1st of June so 4* is out of the question.

Bossanova

Visit site
Tonnes of entries but not really suprising as a lot more horses are reaching 4* nowadays.

Bit suprised at a few of the horses entered, there's some with very limted advanced experience....

Remember WFP's are probs double entries so he isnt technically taking up 4 spots.

bridled

New User
Visit site
I don't think Pippa has retired Kiri [primmores pride], but he's still out of serious work at the moment.
But i think Ensign is a definate promise for the future, they came 3rd at Pau last year.
I'm going to badders showjumping again this year, hopefully pippa wont pull out beforehand, as she tends to do the past couple of years.

SaraandGeorge1

New User
Visit site
i cannot wait for this years badminton horse trials, i love to see the horses and riders. we go from thur morning to monday morning - i cannot wait to see zara philips and i hope she does the whole event. sara and george.

kirstyfk

Visit site
Theres a horse I saw at Blair last year which I was less than impressed with is on the waitlist! I hope it XCs better than it show jumps. But it is quite far done so I can't see it getting in.

ilvpippa

Visit site
I really want to see Jeanette Breakwell, and Sarah Cohen -Wexford lady, i hope they get a places. However loads of entrys, hopefully they shouldnt withdraw like last year!

teapot

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Don't see Andrew Nicholson entered at badders...
confused.gif
Anyone with info ?

[/ QUOTE ]

He is, just right down the bottom under NZ riders, he's got Ginger May Killingshurst and one other I think entered

Robynsteward

Visit site
I cant believe silenceis on the waitlist, yet Ot has 4 horses in...yes 4! and 1 in the waitlist. Cant they move Silence up? He's a poss for Olypics too isnt he?

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I cant believe silenceis on the waitlist, yet Ot has 4 horses in...yes 4! and 1 in the waitlist. Cant they move Silence up? He's a poss for Olypics too isnt he?

[/ QUOTE ]

The ballot system is very clear and OT's horses are double entered so technically he only has 2 spots.