badminton estate bridleways

psychick82

Visit site
hi,
just wondering if anyone here has ridden around the bridleways on the badminton estate (not during the annual sponsored ride)??

i know there are bridleways around there but not sure what to do! are the b/w's cleared sign posted? where would you park up your trailer?

i tried to see if the badminton estate has a website but it doesn't appear so.

thanks,
gemma

sare_bear

Visit site
I used to keep my horse on the A46 side of badminton estate, so hacked from that side on to the 7 mile bridleway. (goes to didmarton). Off there, there are gates or hedge clearings which you can get through onto other bridleways and go for miles. Best take an OS map. Sorry wouldn't know where to park although there are a few small laybys near badminton that you can probably use.

Sorry prob does not help much.

g3mm4

Visit site
There are a couple of bridleways on the Badminton Estate - the 7 Mile Plantation is not one of them - you would need permission from the Estate Office at Badminton. There are headlands etc on the Estate, again only a couple of those are bridleways, these are marked. All other headlands require permission in writing from the Estate Office.

kick_On

Visit site
There are few bridleways near estate property which are clearly marked, but as poster above says it's a No, No to estate property unless written permission granted.

Go find OS map landranger series map (1:50,000 scale) and you'll find public bridleways marked on map, sorry can't help about parking

lhotse

Visit site
I believe that the seven mile plantation has been used as a bridleway for several decades, so although it is not an official bridleway, because it has been used as such for over 20 years, it legally becomes one. I have certainly used it for nearly 30 years, although not in the last few, with no official permission and no problems at all. I encountered estate workers on many occasions. Riding in the park itself is no longer possible, although when the old Duke was alive he allowed it. The seven mile is not inside the park itself, neither is Worcester avenue from the road to the lodge.
To be honest though, if I was to start riding there again, (when I have a horse that's not semi retired!), I will seek permission from the office, not a problem as I know people from the estate anyway.

lhotse

Visit site
I have not used the area for riding for the last few years and since then, things have changed. Permission must now be sought from the estate, which I now intend to do. Sorry for any confusion!