Badminton forgotten tickets- any advice/experiences?

Overread

www.flickr.com
So quick question (I've also tried emailing Badminton but as its 8pm chances are no reply will appear for ages); anyone know the policy/approach for if you forget your tickets on the day? My mother and sisters are attending and just arrived at their overnight lodgings and found that they've left the tickets behind.

I notice that they are the firm card with a tear-off part type of ticket so would a print out of a scanned copy work (since they don't appear to feature a bar-code scan on the ticket itself which has become more common). Or can the attendants scan their system if the card used to pay is presented on the day?

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
So quick question (I've also tried emailing Badminton but as its 8pm chances are no reply will appear for ages); anyone know the policy/approach for if you forget your tickets on the day? My mother and sisters are attending and just arrived at their overnight lodgings and found that they've left the tickets behind.

I notice that they are the firm card with a tear-off part type of ticket so would a print out of a scanned copy work (since they don't appear to feature a bar-code scan on the ticket itself which has become more common). Or can the attendants scan their system if the card used to pay is presented on the day?

https://www.badminton-horse.co.uk/terms-conditions/

It doesn’t seem so but you can buy new tickets on the gate. To be honest the gate stewards were next to useless and didn’t know anything. We were only able to buy a parking permit for today using the website and it didn’t allow us to make another purchase for parking tomorrow so although we already have admission tickets we have to park further away tomorrow. We went to the ticket office onsite and they couldn’t sell us a parking permit in advance as they’d sold out.

The day was great but the website and ticketing system is not user friendly and somewhat antiquated imo.

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
They don't use a scanner. Entry Tickets are checked as you drive into the car park, we have a season ticket for all 4 days and the person on the gate has put a small tear into the ticket for each day, so not high tech at all! How far away are the tickets? Can they be couriered over or would it be cheaper to buy tickets on the gate? The big issue is if the tickets include seats for Sunday in the grandstands but it this is the case maybe they can talk to someone tomorrow?

Overread

www.flickr.com
Thanks all - Sussex - yeah the TC is very restrictive and doesn't give much hope, but if its as technical as you and Bouncing say then it sounds like a simple printed version of the tickets should suffice.

They are a good distance away and chances are the overnight postal would not only cost but be a bit if a pain to setup and make sure it works (being as we've never done such before). They've only got tickets for the cross country so no seats in the grandstand; though even then they are something like £36 each for the Saturday.

Amy - that's a good thought and we do, I've had that forwarded to them to print off as well (here is to hoping Travel lodge are willing to let them use a printer)

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Tbh I doubt that you'd get much joy handing over a print out of the entry tickets, I'm afraid, though there's no harm in asking. There is no technology at all at the gates, which is why it is cash only on entry for those who haven't got advance tickets. (We paid on the day yesterday).

I'd advise your rellies to make sure that they have the cash available as back up if the print out is not accepted.

Shay

Visit site
The thing is one person could have the originals and another the scanned printed copy amounting to fraud. I would not expect the gate to accept anything other than the originals. I strongly suspect they will have to pay cash on entry. Keep the receipts and they may be able to argue it out with the organizers after the fact.

Overread

www.flickr.com
Thanks both - aye Shay that was my thinking, I hope the receipts might work in their favour if shown; they've also got the card used for the payment, though if there aren't even card readers on site for taking payments (?) then it does sound like they might have to argue the case after the effect (I've passed on the info to have money on hand just in case).

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Yes, I'd print off a copy of the receipt, but also have the electronic version available on their phone.

mandyroberts

Visit site
I lost my ticket for Olympia (the only time in 20 odd years I have been trusted with it!). The box office were able to print me a new ticket from my postcode but I think that was because tickets are scanned to get in and they cancelled the original ticket. Phew.....a tense couple of hours

Overread

www.flickr.com
Yeps they made it in without issue. Took printouts of the tickets and the confirmation email and receipt and didn't have any real issue proving their validity. So they spent the day there and apparently got cooked (so cooked that all three avoided the sale tents!)

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Yeps they made it in without issue. Took printouts of the tickets and the confirmation email and receipt and didn't have any real issue proving their validity. So they spent the day there and apparently got cooked (so cooked that all three avoided the sale tents!)

Fab news it was a beautiful day, we had a brilliant time.

Shay

Visit site
Really useful info for everyone - at some point I suspect we will all manage to forget tickets for something horsey! Glad it worked out OP.