badminton moan.. sorry

sturgo

Visit site
I find the same trade stands very irritating! When you go to loads of these sorts of things it gets very samey every time.

£10 to park is a rip off but thats just the way it is.

I didnt go to Badminton this year... wish had of though!

helpplease

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Have to admit i feel a LOT more ripped off when going to olympia

[/ QUOTE ]

V true!! Although have had Olympia tickets for the past couple of years as a present from a friend, but can't believe how expensive they are!! And isn't the parking there 25 squid for the day?

sunflower

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have given up on Olympia pretty much as I feel it is a complete rip off. Last time I went on a SJ day I saw 2 classes, one only had 8 entrants. The rest was all the entertainment stuff aimed at kiddies. Last year was better as I went for the dressage. At least at Badminton you get to see far more actual horses competing.

helpplease

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have given up on Olympia pretty much as I feel it is a complete rip off. Last time I went on a SJ day I saw 2 classes, one only had 8 entrants. The rest was all the entertainment stuff aimed at kiddies. Last year was better as I went for the dressage. At least at Badminton you get to see far more actual horses competing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely......Badminton is much more interactive, and you get to see so much more.
The atmosphere at Olympia is good because it's Christmassy, and does make me feel like a kid, but the crowds are worse because it's a confined space. And encountered some horrifically rude people there last year
mad.gif

viola

aspireequestrian.wordpress.com
I agree about the amount of entertainment at Olympia so I go to dressage (which is getting better, is much cheaper, not too much crowd etc) and SJ GP. I only live nearby so can walk there (parking is a nightmare and so is the traffic when the event is on!), otherwise it would be a very expensive pleasure!
As to shopping at Olympia - always do it on the last day and get some great bargains
tongue.gif

flyingfeet

Visit site
Don't be daft!

You sound like a first timer for sure.

I went on saturday, got in for free and parked next to the trade stands, did 2 hours of shopping and went home. EASY!

Well sort of, finding your way in at 4.00 / 4.30pm on the saturday is a bit of a challenge. Apologies to anyone wandering back from the tradestands to the car parking being mown down by a subaru....

katherinef

Visit site
I paid £10 to park in city centre Manchester on a Saturday (unlimited and yeah I did park in the M & S/ Harvey Nix car park so serves me right!) Don't see your point if Badminton had been near me I'd deffo have gone sounds like a good day out all round to me.

kick_On

Visit site
sorry totally disagree - i love badders have been since early 80's and will continue to go cos i love the shopping, horses and atmosphere etc... if your just interested in shopping and don't want to see horses, mmmm......... a bit daft IT'S a horse event, so your paying to enter an event and complain about cost for running such event??????????????
IOM it's a great place to meet up with folks, i met about half the our riding club walking around shop plus seeing famous eventer and dressage riders walking around. Also i like that it's an international event, so i loved hearing aussie, french and germans in crowds.......
You don't have to spend the earth to enjoy yourself at badders if you go with friends and make food and take booze you can have a fun time...............
I think it was the people you went with NOT the event which was the problem
smirk.gif

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I think this has gone a bit further than needed, we are all entitled to have a whinge about whatever, some people have more money and hence things dont seem as expensive to them. Personally i dont think its too bad for what it actually is, though for me it is a day out which costs money i (totally worth it) but i struggle to afford such things as i am quite poor! it is a great day out on x country day. But for gods sake cant someone just have a little harmless whinge without being bloody jumped on, i always see this happen here and think its a real shame that one may have to think very carefully about every little thing they say in a post! Why has this been taken so seriously may i ask? I dont believe it was meant so seriously, just a harmless little whinge....

polyphonic

Visit site
sweetie, PLEASE do us all a favour and stop wingeing about something to menial and trivial.. If you dont want to spend £10 on parkng heres my suggestion! DONT!! we have all payed the amount beause we wanted to be there. i actually payed in advance and payed £8 for carpass, between me and OH £4 each, not bad for 6 hours really. and i only admittingly spent most of the my tiem between fecne 6-8 as N5 is where we had parked. i only went up to the lake after to let the dog off....so i go back to the forst part, if you do not want to see world class athletes competing and only want to go for expensive buys may i suggest you pee off down your local saddlery! after this weekends XC i have realised that life is far too fragile and short to be moaning about trivial things like shopping and that you dont go next year. save that £10 and buy your self a body brush. rant over! from one irritated person to another!!!!!!!

Bosrebel

Visit site
I think if you are lucky enough to go for the whole 5 days then a season ticket is by far the best way to go... its excellent value for money..

I got some Hunter leather riding boots for £50!!! in the hunter stall (UK covers).. i've never been able to find a riding boot that fits me in the leg as i have a shorter calf.. but they were perfect, and a brill price.. how could i resist!

GlamourDol

Visit site
Okay, so say you arrive at 10 and leave at 5, (x country day, so u see everyone jump) That is 7 hours.
In one of the ncp car parks in my local town, it costs 70 pence for every 20 minutes you are parked there.
If you were to park for 7 hours it would cost you £14.70.
SLightly more than the 10 quid it costs to park at Badders eh?
SO when you look at the fact this is one of the top events in the world, it really is not that much of a rip off, espec when people like yourself didnt buy a ticket for the sunday, do u expect to get top class sights for free?

thecantlefamily

housewife and yummy mummy
4 a start im not your bloody sweetie, and why are u so bloody gobby, i didnt like it so there, ok . i didnt ask all u sheep 2 reply, no wounder its the same people on this forum all the time the way u all reply to posts, jesus we all winge so leave it there, ok cause believe me ive read worst and pathetic posts b4 on here, so sweetie go back and look after your donkey