Badminton on Wednesday

Carojay

Visit site
Hi

I have tickets for badminton at the weekend but was thinking of going on Wednesday as well - I would like to see the trot up in front of the house (will never get there for 8:30 on Sunday!) and would also like to walk the course before Saturday (is this possible?) - do you think it is worth it?

I would be driving from Cambridge and back again - about 2 hrs each way... Would this make me mad?!

Thanks

PorkChop

Visit site
Not mad, just keen!

I have never been to Badminton on the Wednesday, but isn't the grassroots championship on that day, and I would presume the shops would be open too, so plenty to do.

You can walk the course but it will be strung off.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
Hi

I have tickets for badminton at the weekend but was thinking of going on Wednesday as well - I would like to see the trot up in front of the house (will never get there for 8:30 on Sunday!) and would also like to walk the course before Saturday (is this possible?) - do you think it is worth it?

I would be driving from Cambridge and back again - about 2 hrs each way... Would this make me mad?!

Thanks

I wish I could go! My Sister is riding grass roots and if I could go I would be there. Sadly it's GCSE time and I can not even think about asking for time. I would try and get there early, you have the rest of your life to sleep. ;)

siennamum

Visit site
we are going on the Wednesday. less crowds. have a look at the 4* fences, walk the grassroots course and watch some of the competition. Burghley young event horse, and most importantly, bargains so major shopping planned.

PollyP99

Visit site
I'm going too! The spectacle of the top riders all glam trotting up is great, some dodgy choices in dress/ footwear only add to that! One year one of them had mini tweed skirt and high heel boots, horse decides to take the mick, hilarious!

Laura was one of the offenders

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nico/5641268099/

Last edited:

Orangehorse

Visit site
Since the Grassroutes has been on, we have gone on that day (not this year though). Shops are open, you can walk the course and see the Grassroutes competitors.

Is 2 hours a bit optomistic from Cambridge?

Carojay

Visit site
Since the Grassroutes has been on, we have gone on that day (not this year though). Shops are open, you can walk the course and see the Grassroutes competitors.

Is 2 hours a bit optomistic from Cambridge?

Yeah 2 hours is a bit optimistic probably more like 2 and a half - depends how fast I drive! (Not that I'll break the law obviously) 😊