Badminton Shopping... yipee!!!

atlantis

equinetouchjo.wordpress.com
Heading over tomorrow for our annual pilgrimage. I had a tax rebate this year so I have decided to spend it. I'm thinking
Micklem competition bridle (have a multi that u use daily but would like a posh one)
Le Meix saddle cloth that I have been eyeing up for a while
New country boots (my river boots just died)
Headcollar and lead rope (also dying)
Something for my daughter - she has birthday money so may choose to spend it

I know it sounds like a lot but I NEVER get to shop at all really. Probably won't get all of these things but I might just!!!

Anyone else planning on going a bit crazy?

CMcC

Visit site
Feeling jealous. Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun and the sun is going to shine. Enjoy yourselves.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I'm there today and tomorrow. I got some Ariat Windermeres from Hope Valley for £110 Which is a lot cheaper than most at £159 so I'm pleased.

Embo

Visit site
I was there for grassroots as know of couple of people who were competing. Weather was awful Tues & Weds so luckily it's cheered up for the 4*! Came home yesterday afternoon after last bits of shopping and watching some dressage. Now at home, wishing I was still there!

First time I've not had a huge shopping list! I only needed to look for a grazing muzzle and replacement brushing boots. Got both of those, easy peasy. I also picked up my usual Joules Badminton top. Went for the ladies polo this year as love the colour. Went for men's last year haha. Won a pair of sunglasses on the Joules Hoopla :)

Also got a pair of the new Le Mieux breeches. Tried them on and they fit so well I had to have them. I've been struggling to find breeches that fit me properly as I'm an odd shape! But these fit and feel really nice, I want them in every colour!! Also picked up a bottle of slosh and a saddle cover :) very pleased.

Have fun, all :)

Steerpike

Visit site
I tend to save my horsey shopping up all year especially so I can go to badminton! This year I got myself a new hat and silk, some t-shirts from Rydale and horsey bits and pieces like electrolytes, cool gel and a turnout rug! Oh and I always put my air jacket in for service there!

Annagain

Visit site
I was there Weds as had a friend in the grass roots. Didn't have too much time for shopping and am not a big shopper anyway, even for the horse. Just bought a hi-viz chest strap for £10. It was pretty squelchy around the shopping area - especially the craft tent by the main entrance. It's hopefully dried up a bit over the last day or two but it's definitely welly conditions.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Thank you. Will take wellies!!

No wellies needed unless it rains tonight, you'll be hot and sweaty in them. Stout shoes or walking boots would be fine. We walked the course and went around all the shops and there was very little mud and what there was could be easily avoided.

jnb

Visit site
I was there for grassroots as know of couple of people who were competing. Weather was awful Tues & Weds so luckily it's cheered up for the 4*! Came home yesterday afternoon after last bits of shopping and watching some dressage. Now at home, wishing I was still there!

First time I've not had a huge shopping list! I only needed to look for a grazing muzzle and replacement brushing boots. Got both of those, easy peasy. I also picked up my usual Joules Badminton top. Went for the ladies polo this year as love the colour. Went for men's last year haha. Won a pair of sunglasses on the Joules Hoopla :)

Also got a pair of the new Le Mieux breeches. Tried them on and they fit so well I had to have them. I've been struggling to find breeches that fit me properly as I'm an odd shape! But these fit and feel really nice, I want them in every colour!! Also picked up a bottle of slosh and a saddle cover :) very

Have fun, all :)

Ooh are the breeches thin shiny material or what type? Thick waistband or thin?
Thank you

Tronk

Visit site
Embo - which Le Mieux breeches are they please? I always struggle to find one’s that fit nicely! Thanks.