Badminton thread

Dunlin

Visit site
So if Michael Jung has a fence down, say Paget is out of it and William remains on his score do you end up with them being joint 1st as they'll both be on 40.00?

WandaMare

Visit site
Fabulous day, one of the best Badminton XC days ever I think...so exciting with all the favourites last to go....can't wait to see what happens tomorrow

armchair_rider

Visit site
Great afternoon. See you all tomorrow. Does anyone know what time the SJing actually starts? I have to go to work in the morning. I know BBC starts at 1230 but they'll show XC highlights before the SJ starts

Marydoll

Visit site
Ooh braw, ive a jump lesson in the morning, then i can watch the sj, have a kip and get the guys in before spoiling my equine day going out on my night shift

teapot

Visit site
Great afternoon. See you all tomorrow. Does anyone know what time the SJing actually starts? I have to go to work in the morning. I know BBC starts at 1230 but they'll show XC highlights before the SJ starts

According to the Badminton website, top 20 will start jumping at 1.30pm

MagicMelon

Visit site
Anyone know if the individual XC rounds will go up online? Another event did that, you could watch them anytime afterwards. So bummed I missed it but I had to go work at a wedding!

lannerch

Visit site
Not sure if this has already been said as have not read the previous 53 pages, but poor show with the Brits except for wfp, we usually dominate the top 10! Not good

teapot

Visit site
I don't think it's a poor show per se, more than bar the European Champs, there is nothing on the eventing calender this year that means you have to save your top horse for. So they've all come to Badminton.

If anything it'll probably make Team GB more determined for the Euros...

armchair_rider

Visit site
Opens up Euro selection a bit too as lots of established combinations haven't done very well (admittedly none of the youngsters have been brilliant but some of them were impressive). Which is probably worth a thread on it's own.

Really though I agree with Teapot. It is disappointing but it's very early in the Olympic cycle so lots of top foreign riders and lots of British riders on relatively inexperienced horses.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I think its good for us to have so much competition. Its an excellent bench mark as the Euros are not being 3*. If we want to win gold you have to look at the best and go out and beat them and its not often you get that chance against Jung, Klimke etc as tend to save the horses for the big events instead of running at 4*.

Supertrooper

Visit site
Was there today so didn't get to see all of everyone's rounds but friend said that a horse galloped off (without a rider) and was on three legs. She thinks it was an Irish rider, does anyone know if horse is ok?

teapot

Visit site
There was one who was saved by a frangible pin and looked pretty sore afterwards who was Irish.

According to EventingNation, no series injury to any horses or riders today...

TarrSteps

Visit site
I don't think the Brits are doing anything wrong it's just the world has come to meet them. There have been challengers based here - Andrew, Mark etc - and others who have regularly made the trek to compete here for decades. What is probably most different now is there are riders capable of winning at Badminton etc that aren't based here so not people the Brits compete against every week. You don't have to be based in the UK to win anymore.