Baileys Lo Cal and skin issues

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Has anyone had a horse suddenly get skin issues after starting lo cal?

He started it 5 ish weeks ago, not on full amount as he is only using it to get his prasend, vit e and salt into him, and now for the first time in his life has raging mid fever and celulitis. On a second week of antibiotics.

Am i overthinking it with the lo cal? Its the first time he has had anything like that as normally just on a grass chaff and grass nuts.

Nicnac

Visit site
Baileys Lo-Cal made mine put on weight. Don't think it's the best feed to give as full of crap.

Alfalfa Meal, Distillers’ Grains, Wheatfeed, Micronised Soya Beans, Dicalcium Phosphate, Micronised Linseed, Vitamins and Minerals, Molasses, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Calcined Magnesite, Yeast Culture, L-Lysine, DL-Methionine, ScFOS (Digest Plus prebiotic) 5g/kg.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
He has been on it since june. Upped to 1.5 tablets a day in august.

I would that thought it would have kicked in by now...or maybe he needs more time.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Baileys Lo-Cal made mine put on weight. Don't think it's the best feed to give as full of crap.

Alfalfa Meal, Distillers’ Grains, Wheatfeed, Micronised Soya Beans, Dicalcium Phosphate, Micronised Linseed, Vitamins and Minerals, Molasses, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Calcined Magnesite, Yeast Culture, L-Lysine, DL-Methionine, ScFOS (Digest Plus prebiotic) 5g/kg.
My cob got a mud fever-like skin condition from linseed in a balancer. She doesn't have Cushings. I would stop the lo-cal and monitor carefully
It has taken months to get over it.