Balancers and Ulsakind

MoodyMare101

Visit site
I have 2 mares, one retired and one in work, both live out.

The retired one:
- Previously had ulcers so was thinking of feeding her ulsakind over winter as had her on it in the past and it seemed to help. However I cant remember how much I used to give her and cant find anything online with regards to feeding quantities. Does anyone know roughly how much she should have per day? Will be fed alongside Allen&Page Fast Fibre

The one in work:
- 5 year old Welsh. Looking for a balancer to help with building muscle, shes ridden on average 5-6 days a week and does a mixture of schooling and hacking. Again will be fed alongside Allen&Page Fast Fibre. I used to feed the retired mare Baileys no.19 Performance balancer so was thinking of using this again, but am open to suggestions

SamBean

Visit site
Hi with the ulsakind I think it says on the bags? I may be introducing it to one of mine over winter alongside his balancer. Could always give Topspec a call and they will tell you, I've done well off their advice. I'm not in a position to suggest feeds, sorry.

SamBean

Visit site
Is that a typo on the website? :oops: I'm only feeding 550g balancer for a 500kg horse split between 2 feeds a day and 600g of the lite for a 600kg horse again split between both feeds a day.

Visit site
Is that a typo on the website? :oops: I'm only feeding 550g balancer for a 500kg horse split between 2 feeds a day and 600g of the lite for a 600kg horse again split between both feeds a day.
It's for the ulsakind cubes not a balancer. If you're feeding a balancer then 550g sounds about right, I think most balancers are fed at rates about 100g per 100kg.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Take a look at aloe juice? It's cheap, you feed 20ml a day, and it has been shown in research to help with healing ulcers, and lots of anecdote about it preventing them recurring.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Ulsakind isnt something I would want to feed an ulcer prone horse, despite what it says! Pink Mash is a much better choice. Its a 100gms per 100kgs of bodyweight and you could drop the fast fibre. Balancer wont build muscle. But I feed Equimins Advance Complete.