balancers

eekmon

Visit site
This has probably been done a thousand times before so apologies in advance if you're bored of the subject!

I'm a big TopSpec fan and been on it for years.....but with everything going up in price ive been recommended Ultimate Balancer as a cheaper alternative.
If anyone has recently switched, have they found any difference between the two ? ( except in price
tongue.gif
)
Thanks

peanut

Visit site
Don't apologise. I'm a Top Spec fan and have also been wondering about a cheaper option.

I feel mean cutting back on my horse, but I'm already on bread and water.
crazy.gif

BigRed

Visit site
is it a lot cheaper ? I was sent a sample when they first launched it and my horse didn't like the taste and she is not normally a fussy horse.

BigRed

Visit site
Blimey, that is a lot cheaper ! I am experimenting with top spec to try and improve my horse's hoof growth because feet supplements don't work for her. So far it does seem to be working.

HollyP

Visit site
Ive been tempted to try one from equineanswers.....google them...there was a post on forum about them....im thinking of going with it and they are reasonably priced supplements
smile.gif

peanut

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Redmills - cheaper at around £16 per bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

But does it contain the same nutritional value?

eekmon

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
is it a lot cheaper ? I was sent a sample when they first launched it and my horse didn't like the taste and she is not normally a fussy horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes about £5 a bag cheaper!
My horse is a fussy eater so may ask if I can have a sample first. Only just got a new bag of TS so have a little time to shop around.
Was going to compare ingredients too so will add Redmills to my list.
The price hike is something to do with the price of Soya I have been told ??

trendybraincell

Visit site
Do you mean D&H ultimate balancer? Its always been more expensive than topspec round these parts!! Obviously I will just have to move!!

I've never checked like for like nutritional value but seaweed is a very good cheap alternative to balancers.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Redmills - cheaper at around £16 per bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

But does it contain the same nutritional value?

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe it does - if you are comparing it to others like Top Spec etc. But you'd have to check ultimately....

Jingleballs

Visit site
I use top spec anti lam and I really like it - C is looking fab. Tried Baileys lo cal and it just made him fat and did nothing for his general condition so Top spec wins for me plus it's got high levels of biotin and since he's just gone barefoot he needs it!