Balancing the unbalanced!

ridersince2002

Visit site
Recently statred riding and schooling a 7 year old connie cross who hasnt done much. I was initially told she was naughty when beeing schooled but she is just unbalanced and seems to get fustrated at it, and also getss bored of schooling very quickly! Cannot work in an outline yet, but im really not bothered at the moment, just want a balanced pony! She leans on my hand and rushes, particularly in trot, but in canter it all goes completely wrong! She seems uncapable of a normal canter, has to be fast! Shes in a plain french link snaffle, dont really want to go down the bit changing/gadget route unless you think it would be particularly helpful?

She gets very bored of circles and straight lines, she gets wound up by lots of transitions and gets excited at poles! Anyone have any brilliant fun ideas? Im happy to do anything on the ground such as long reining ect if you think that would help? After a while of poles she settles but soon gets bored! Have plenty of lovely off road hacking which she loves to give her a break from schooling- hack her out atleast once a week, and only ride her 3 times a week!

So, fun ideas to help balance her without becoming boring? I've run out of ideas! Thank you :)