Balmaghie holiday lodges Dumfries and Galloway

On the Hoof

Visit site
Hello
I have just been looking at these as possible holiday destination next year and I have in my mind that someone on here went here this year or last year for a holiday or am I imagining that? Was it Levrier ? I cannot find any of the dog holiday posts mentioning this place on search facility so thought I might just ask to see if it jogs any ones memory. Just be good to get a recommendation if at all possible. There seem to be three lodges with large fenced gardens but its not clear if the gardens all share a fence boundary or if they have laid the gardens in a way to avoid dogs being next to each other albeit with a 6ft fence between them (I am worried that my dog will fence run in the garden).

MurphysMinder

Visit site
It was Lev , but I went last month and had a fabulous time . Yes the lodges do adjoin, but the fences are solid . Our dogs had the occasional woof at the neighbours dogs and vice versa , but that was it and no one bothered . The fenced woods are fantastic.

On the Hoof

Visit site
It was Lev , but I went last month and had a fabulous time . Yes the lodges do adjoin, but the fences are solid . Our dogs had the occasional woof at the neighbours dogs and vice versa , but that was it and no one bothered . The fenced woods are fantastic.
Brilliant thank you . Any issues with access to woodland as it’s shared between lodges ?

MurphysMinder

Visit site
No it seemed to work really well without any pre arrangement, was always empty when we went . It’s about a minute from the lodges so one of us just popped down to check before putting leads on dogs and “booked” it by putting the padlock on the gate .