*bangs head against wall*

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Why do people ask for advice then refuse to listen?? Eh, eh? Alba (skinny appy mare I had brief share in) isn't putting any weight on. Previously it was apparently my fault for over-working her (5 hours a WEEK) but now something else must be wrong with her. SO they ask ME again. Owners assume she's not getting enough food. Unlike THEM, I see her every day and I can see that she has a healthy appetite and gets plenty of good nosh so I suggest that she needs a) worming b) her teeth checked or c) both.
Owner says she's been wormed. I ask what product they used... they don't know. Patiently, I explain that there are different kinds of worms for which you need a different product (and that's just for starters) How about getting a worm count done (I checked and they ARE available) and a blood test for tapeworm? At this point I can tell from the glazed looks that whilst they're slightly worried about Alba (who actually seems fine in herself) they're concern doesn't actually extend to spending some money on her.
And they thought I was mean
mad.gif

snurse

Visit site
You can't help some people. Shame for the horse though. I'd just keep a quiet eye on her, and if she goes really downhill, start getting extremely stroppy!