Bank holiday weekend plans??

SEL

Visit site
Anyone?

The charity ride I was supposed to go to on Sunday has been postponed - they'd be towing vehicles off the field after this week's rain.

Had a day of straightness training with a classical dressage trainer today. Great fun, really informative and I think I'm going to be able to get her out for a 1:1 which will be helpful.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Had a fab 1 to 1 jump lesson this morning and came away with the biggest grin ever.

Probably hacking tomorrow and have pulled out of an xc clinic on Monday as a, forecast still grim but also b, they are half on clay and I'm not risking Bs great recovery from annular ligament on any deep sticky ground.

J_sarahd

Visit site
I’m actually riding this weekend! Not Nova, unfortunately, but a friend has offered her connie whilst she’s away. I had a sit in the school the other day and she’s exactly my type - forward, responsive with a little bit about her.

So my first hack in months tomorrow and then going in the school for a play on Monday.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
I actually took a pony out! Feels like I’ve been stop starting forever, but now we are all ready to go!

Beryl was a good girl for an arena hire, and a year of hacking has done her good for straightness and strength. Got to build her fitness and flexibility now ☺️.

IMG_7670.jpeg
IMG_7667.jpeg

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
Went XC schooling in the sun! Was mostly a good boy, didn’t do anything too big or exciting, but did do lots of ditches and small steps into water which was my aim. We’ve got an XC clinic in a few weeks with my normal instructor, so hoping to push myself more then

Frustratingly his odd horse obsession/separation anxiety made an appearance as we were getting ready and the previous group came off the course. Made getting tacked up rather exciting… I really struggle to cope with it because it seems so arbitrary when he can/can’t cope with seeing other horses, plus it’s really difficult to recreate to desensitise (especially as someone with only one horse and no friends to recreate with 🤦🏼‍♀️)

Cloball

Visit site
Wasn't quite sure how this weekend was going to go so made no plans. They moved to the summer field last weekend and Ds fuzzy brain fell out so we've been doing a week of ground work and practising leaving the field and going up the lane to the yard and back as it's a good 5 mins walk first attempt alone was Tuesday and she had reverted back to a snorting spooky stallion "I've never seen this field before in my life, I've never seen this arena, I've never seen the driveway, who are you...". I was quite upset as it took a good 2 months last year to get some sanity back and I was quite disheartened. I pulled my socks up as all the other liveries this week were away or busy so I was on my own and decided repetition and ground work would be key. I know her a lot better now and she doesn't scare me anymore on the ground. Any hoo by Thursday we were 100% better so I booked a lesson. She was hot and distractible, plus there was a strimmer to contend with so we didn't work on our canter but managed some good trot and lateral work. I was just pleased to not be in tears like this time last year. 😅
Did a bit more schooling alone today with a tractor ploughing next door🤦 and was complimented by some passing cyclists for my quiet pony 🤓. Feel like a can breathe again, it's going to be good for us I think. Cycling with OH tomorrow and Hacking Monday 🏇

Bernster

Visit site
Had a lovely hack on both horses in the sun yesterday. B has had a soft tissue injury from the field, fairly mild and recovered quickly but I’ve been taking it very steady just in case and with that and work/family being hectic, I haven't ridden him for maybe 3/4 weeks (he’s been exercised on a mini rehab plan just not ridden by me yet). He was fab though, bright and happy but well behaved.

F was his usual dope on a rope self. I did some field work now that the ground is good and he doesn’t seem very fit but he’s tough to do any fast work with at home as he’s so laid back! Took him xc last weekend and he was raring to go and felt well up for a good gallop 🤷‍♀️

So the plan will be to get B back to full work and schooling and look for some dressage comps, and work on poles (to re build my jumping confidence) and more outings for F to build his fitness and have some pony parties like a sponsored ride or baby sj.

millitiger

Visit site
Nothing major here- as the weather is good so far, been catching up with strimming, mowing and tidying.
Scrubbed out and revarnished the muck trailer 🤢
All boys have had a tail wash and tidy.

The kids have started going for their in hand walks around the village and being very good so far.

Alibear

Visit site
It’s been a busy one. Tried to clean my caravan on Saturday and failed spectacularly. Hoses didn’t work , ladders failed, fuses blew. Sunday had a nice hack first thing and then I was wiped out so chilled for the day. Today back to caravan with hubby and success so that’s set for the summer show season. Then got home and schooled. Amber was not paying any attention to me. I really tried and managed a good amount of canter but she still wouldn’t settle. I’m now reviewing supplements for mares as her field buddy is back in season and for some reason that seems to make Amber lose the plot.

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
1000014330.jpg

Isaac - graduate of the 3/4 and 5/6 year old threads (now 7) did his first medium BD at the weekend and got a respectable 64.4 % - also my first ever medium, so he didn't have much help from me. He won the Ele bronze section before it on 67.3% and even picked up some prize money. Also went SJ training today and was a good orange. Now has some eventing entries back in the calendar too ...

southerncomfort

Visit site
Lovely ploddy 2 hour hack with hacking buddies on Sunday morning, and shorter faster hack Monday morning - our first canter since knackering my foot. He was very, very good!

Both hacks were in short sleeves, it was lovely and warm! Bo was a bit too warm so I'm debating helping winter sheddage along a bit with the clippers.

j1ffy

Visit site
It was my b'day weekend so had a couple of days with the family in Margate, great place to visit! Back in time to ride in the rain on Sunday, tackling Chilli's new napping habit on a hack (just two fairly half-hearted efforts this time so I think we're getting through it). Monday I schooled him, he was pretty distracted to begin with but did some good work. Then an early morning jumping lesson today, the first since his hock injections and he was far more adjustable although still a lot speedier than I'm confident with when there are jumps involved ;)

Overall I'm really pleased with how he's feeling post-treatment. Next week we're off to my dressage trainer's for an overnight and I'm really looking forward to how that goes, it will be our first visit in over two months.

dorsetladette

Visit site
We did proper grown up hacking! Robin is doing so well. I'm super pleased with him.

Saddle fitter adjusted saddle which makes me feel far more stable on the little barrel and the seat seems to feel bigger now it is more balanced and not tipping forward - this is important when your sat in a 15inch seat!

All 12 and half hands of him bounced round a 4 mile hack last week. He's forward and enjoying every minute of it.

rara007

Visit site
Royal Windsor 3* :) Small field this year thanks to Brexit with only 1 visitor but strong inter squad competition too.
Squeezed in a dressage win by about 1pen. Super tricky arena to drive let alone with a daisy cutter type movement but his experience showed.IMG_4917.jpegIMG_4925.png

2 driver mistakes XC but we only dropped 1 place and by 0.5pen. Again the marathon was tough for a small horse but being bloody he actually got faster as we went on and behaved very well for him on the roads and tracks. They’re stunning but he’s not a hacking horse…!

IMG_5024.jpeg

Sunday cones went wrong. My carriage balance was out and my horse over sharp and I didn’t drive my best. We finished 5th overall.

Monday Maestro went to his first competition- just in hand and a walk round under saddle but 10/10 for ease and behavioir

IMG_5017.png