Bantam hatching eggs

poiuytrewq

Visit site
We hatched some years ago. Luckily got 4 pretty hens and a beautiful “little cock” (!)
The hens were lost over the last few years and sadly because he was a real character little cock, who now lived with his ex battery girls died this week.
We still have a little incubator, I think a lamp and cage/small hen house so I thought I’d quite like to get some more hatching eggs. OH says it will be getting too cold at going outside time, by the time they hatch and are feathered. Is he right?

Clodagh

Visit site
No. If they hatched end of August and you use a heat lamp until Mid October they should be fine with a cosy bed. You can always put the lamp back on if it’s really freezing.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
No. If they hatched end of August and you use a heat lamp until Mid October they should be fine with a cosy bed. You can always put the lamp back on if it’s really freezing.
Until when do you think? What I’ve done in the past is heat lamp indoors until they were properly feathered then outside (where I can’t get a lamp too)

Clodagh

Visit site
Mine are in the house for a few days then out in a rat safe warm area with heat 24/7 for maybe 4 weeks then overnight only as long as needed. Max 6 weeks.
They will probably be undersized if hatched this time of year as they are far more reliant on daytime hours than outside temperatures.