Bareback footwear

Evie91

Visit site
Hi all,

I fancy a pair of short riding boots- usually prefer tall boots but recent heat has made me reconsider (no doubt as soon as I purchase weather will break).

I usually have Ariat boots but have seen a pair of bareback boots (Kentucky storm?) I like. I have a pair of bareback fashion boots but not had the chance to wear them- purchased in the sale and weather been too good since.

I know Ariat’s wear well and are good value for money, bareback are similarly priced. Any know if the quality is as good, do they wear well etc? Not sure whether to give these a go or stick with trusted brand!

Otherwise

Visit site
See I've got a new pair of ariat short boots and I definitely wouldn't consider them good value for money, I really questioned whether they were actually leather as it feels like pu to me. Previous pair were fantastic, nice thick leather and lasted years but my new pair feel very cheap in comparison. The only good thing is they still have the ariat footbed so I'm hoping they'll still be comfortable standing for hours around and walking miles in.

I am really tempted by some of the bareback boots though, they look like how ariats should be.

suebou

Visit site
My long bareback boots bought four years ago at Blair, have been great, hard wearing, comfortable, good value. They even scrub up well after loads of mis use!

Becc

Visit site
Bought a long pair of Bareback boots and loved them, they were so comfy. But the zip broke within about 2 months of buying them. They did refund without a quibble though.

AFB

Visit site
I've been eyeing up those same boots - they're really nice styling wise but I just don't think I can bring myself to spend that much on short boots, I ride in long boots on all but about the 5 hottest days of the year.

I suppose I'd get my moneys worth, they'd last years!!

Evie91

Visit site
I've been eyeing up those same boots - they're really nice styling wise but I just don't think I can bring myself to spend that much on short boots, I ride in long boots on all but about the 5 hottest days of the year.

I suppose I'd get my moneys worth, they'd last years!!
Exactly this. I wear tall boots all year round but for the few hot days fancy some short ones, and figure they will last for years!