Bareback Riding

Auslander

Visit site
I would love to. Unfortunately my horse is not a fan, AT ALL. Three times have tried, and three times, people have inelegantly hit the deck. He doesn't even try to embrace the concept by taking a step forward to see he approves - just launches skywards.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
I do the ponies but use a bareback pad-its grippier and saves a hairy bottom. In fact, I've just got myself an as new Barefoot bareback pad which is lush, haven't tried it out yet.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I would love to. Unfortunately my horse is not a fan, AT ALL. Three times have tried, and three times, people have inelegantly hit the deck. He doesn't even try to embrace the concept by taking a step forward to see he approves - just launches skywards.

Maybe you need a reflock as well?

Ladyinred

Visit site
I had a set of three lovely videos from a friend yesterday, first was of her ponying a youngster from her gorgeous Connie, wearing very smart dark jods. Second two were of her backing a youngster... same jods but now piebald due to riding said Connie bareback. Lovely vids as she is a great rider, but they did make me laugh!

ThePiebaldMoomin

Visit site
I bareback ride well I use the term ride loosely 😂 I'll normally hop up on my mare in the field usually the most unsafe way without a hat on and sometimes without any type of head collar/bridle etc. I used to sit in her bareback last summer to go back to the field while my sister would lead her or just attach her lead rope to her head collar she is very good and could easily do bitless. Normally during all this there is 2.5/3 year old Appy up her ass, so with that and my unbalanced ass she is a saint haha

Noodles_3

Visit site
I hacked bareback today! Pony is fab with saddle or without. However my balancing skills are awful! I could easily slide off the side doing a pace faster than walk lol.

huskydamage

Visit site
Sometimes ride bareback in the summer or if she has a girth gall etc summer mainly because I only have proper grip if im wearing shorts! I have ended up with a wet bum though from the sweat mark normally saddle shaped is the shape of my arse and legs :s

pennyturner

Visit site
As kids we rode Dartmoor ponies, always bare back. The biggest problem was not sliding forwards over the pony's neck.

That happened to me when I rode the Shetland bareback (with just lead rope) for a laugh last year. I expected walk/trot, maybe an attempt to get me off, but he set off into gallop with the others, which was OK until he propped suddenly...before setting off again on the next stride. I did 100yds of fast canter sitting in front of the wither - would've bailed but I was too close to the ground!