Barefoot Cheyenne treeless saddle

rcm_73

Visit site
Does anyone use a Barefoot and what's the verdict? I tried one out on my mare and she seemed quite relaxed in it, particularly more so when girthing. Just wondering if anyone on here uses one regularly?

ClareMc

Visit site
I have had one for a couple of months and find it fantastic,

Mt mare does'nt spin round when I go put saddle on her back and now stands still to be mounted.
Find it excellent to ride in. Would defintley recommend.

rcm_73

Visit site
Thanks for that. I did notice when I tried a friend's that my mare stood quietly for girthing and didn't take off as soon as my foot was in the stirrup (very unusual for her!). Also the next time I rode her in her treed saddle she was quite naughty and reared up with me..something she hadn't done before. I also felt like I was sitting on a park bench rather than a horse(!!) so I can imagine she probably felt quite strange too. I'm going to get one on order asap.

Rupert2006

Visit site
I have one and I love it - my ned has real girth issues, but he is so much better with the cheyenne - and as it fits so well, the girth doesn't have to be uber tight either, which makes him happier too.

word of advice for trotting though - can take a bit of getting used to, but I shortened my stirrups and its fine now.

I certainly don't regret gettnig mine - it is so comfy.

charlottenicol

www.allt-na-craig.co.uk
Have had mine for a year now and love it, manage to everything that you would do with other saddles. They also do a dressage saddle The London which I like the look of but need to save some pennies and someone not a million miles away from me at the moment will have a fit if I order any more tack. What is a girl to do!!

claire1976

Visit site
I've had one for 3 years now and would never go back to a regular saddle. My mare is more than happy in it and its great for her ever changing shape. I feel like I ride my horse now not the saddle.