Barefoot RH inbalance

Spacejet

Visit site
Hello All

I noticed yesterday that my connie lad has worn his RH especially unbalanced. I've tried uploading an image but its not working..
Hes recently had physio, saddle checked etc. I noticed yesterday when grooming when i get to his flanks, esp his left side, he turns to look at me with his ears slightly back like he doesnt want me there.
I've also noticed yesterday when i touched his tail he clamped it to the side..

Spoke to my EP who does his feet and she said RH inbalances correlate to gut issues which hes had before.

Any other views on this? ? He seems OK, eating ok, riding fine just these odd things I noticed yesterday.

Nocturnal

Visit site
Well, without seeing the horse its hard to answer without taking a wild stab in the dark. If he has a hoof imbalance its because he's loading that foot in an imbalanced way... there could be various reasons behind it. Has a vet confirmed that he is sound? What gut issues did he have previously?

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Hello All

I noticed yesterday that my connie lad has worn his RH especially unbalanced. I've tried uploading an image but its not working..
Hes recently had physio, saddle checked etc. I noticed yesterday when grooming when i get to his flanks, esp his left side, he turns to look at me with his ears slightly back like he doesnt want me there.
I've also noticed yesterday when i touched his tail he clamped it to the side..

Spoke to my EP who does his feet and she said RH inbalances correlate to gut issues which hes had before.

Any other views on this? ? He seems OK, eating ok, riding fine just these odd things I noticed yesterday.
Is he recently barefoot? My connie’s right hind (her weaker one) wore very unevenly for her first few trims after I went barefoot in front (her hinds had been barefoot for about 10 months already). They’re now even (7/8 months on).

Spacejet

Visit site
I know its really difficult.. Doesnt help i cant even upload pictures! Hes worn the outside down alot more than inside.

I havent had vet recently confirm soundness, but i cant notice anything.
I am going to ask vet to check for lameness issues..
He wasnt getting enough forage and became lethargic, dull, sensitive around flanks etc. Not confirmed ulcers, but increasing forage and flushing through gut supplement changed him completely.

And hes been barefoot for nearly 3 years?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Is there any change in the left front? I can see why your EP suggests hind gut issues, they can stop the right hind coming through properly. I would probably try him on aloe vera juice and see if anything changes.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
No change in the left front from what i can see.
I'll try some gut supplements - can i use any aloe vera juice?

Has to be pure and for drinking not topical. I buy it in 5 litre bottles from ebay at about £40 and you give 25ml a day so one litre lasts more than a month.