Barefoot Saddles...

LizScott

Visit site
I'm trying one for the first time tonight! Any opinions - I was told they're good for helping to establish a good seat in sitting trot and similar to riding bareback...??

Rupert2006

Visit site
I have had my barefoot saddle for a few weeks now - took a bit of getting used to but I love it and my horsey seems to prefer it too.

and as it moulds to the horse's back it doesn't slip and therefore his girth doesn't have to be done up so tight - which is good for him as he seems to have belly issues with being touched around there, but is much better now.

it is similar to riding bareback, but you have more support with stirrups etc - rising trot took a bit of getting used to but I am much better at it now and canter is really comfy!

hope you get on well with yours!

Happytohack

Visit site
I have been riding in treeless saddles for several years. I have a Torsion which I prefer to the Barefoot, but that is just personal preference. The most important thing about a treeless saddle is that you must use the correct pad underneath it.

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
i have a treeless and love it,my girl seems to go well in it too, it is just like bareback riding but with stirrups as said, i love mine
smile.gif

Kris R

New User
www.bitlessequitation.co.uk
Yes go for it. I have just bought the Barefoot London, Absolutely brilliant. It is light and so comfortable and I suffer from back issues. After one ride I wouldn't go back to a traditional saddle.

I was all fingers and thumbs to start with because I have to get used to using a dressage girth and stirrup leathers.

Make sure you use the correct pad with it and enjoy the freedom. Your horse will love it too :)