Barleyfields clear round xc??

xmoodyxmarex

Visit site
Has anyone been to the clear round xc sessions on friday evenings? I've been there for their dressage, but never seen their fields. Just wondering what the course/ground/jumps are like? I know the website says theyre up to 2ft9, so im not expecting them to be huge, but are there a fair few that are bigger than 2ft6? And is there a lot of hanging around, as its turn up on the day?

Sorry for all the questions
blush.gif

xmoodyxmarex

Visit site
ok thankyou for that, maybe ill wait for a bit more rain before i take a trip over then, considering even the best of ground is hard now!!
smile.gif

Peanot

Visit site
I went about 2 years ago todo the xc clear round and I`ve been told that it hasnt changed much. We went and warmed up in the field and then after about 20 mins told them we were ready and they told us to go. There are some really small jumps and some bigger ones, poss about 2`9" and nothing too scary. I jumped round clear on my mare who I had only taken to a small x-c twice before, so it could`nt have been that hard. They are just straight forward jumps, nothing too questioning and not too far apart either. The water jump is a little dodgy tho IMO. It was slippy going in as it was a mud bank. A good little course for a first time or for RC practice. We enjoyed it.

Jemayni

Visit site
Ive been a couple of times, I would say the website probably describes it accuratly there is a 2ft6ish course & 1ftish course. It isnt the best built course, but you wont have to queue, so its worth a gander if youve got an or so free & want to confidence build a very novice horse!

xmoodyxmarex

Visit site
Thankyou, its sounds just like what we want, just as a convidence giver for the horse before we start doing competitions, so a 2ft6 course would be perfect

Thankyou all for your help
smile.gif