Barn Owl

Grumpy Jewel

Visit site
Hi, this is quite random and I'm not expecting an answer really just some ideas.
Yesterday while checking on my horse I found a dead barn owl I'n the field. I checked it over and it has no visible injuries but was ringed. I brought it home with me (more evidence to the other half that im not normal!) as i didn't know what to do and couldn't take the ring details. I have since reported it to the rings details but I'm now left with a dead barn owl!! I can't bear to throw it I'n the bin but what do I do with it?? Any ideas as obviously I don't want it hanging about I'n this nice mild weather.

Grumpy Jewel

Visit site
If I didn't find taxidermy creepy I probably would have had it 'done' yesterday! The ring people suggested sending it for an post mortem! I don't want the poor thing to be wasted though, it's so pretty and not many people are lucky enough to see them.

Fiagai

Visit site
Hi, this is quite random and I'm not expecting an answer really just some ideas.
Yesterday while checking on my horse I found a dead barn owl I'n the field. I checked it over and it has no visible injuries but was ringed. I brought it home with me (more evidence to the other half that im not normal!) as i didn't know what to do and couldn't take the ring details. I have since reported it to the rings details but I'm now left with a dead barn owl!! I can't bear to throw it I'n the bin but what do I do with it?? Any ideas as obviously I don't want it hanging about I'n this nice mild weather.

bag it and stick it in the freezer...then contact the RSPB or a local taxidermist
either way it will get checked out / stuffed

Grumpy Jewel

Visit site
Brill thanks. Sticking a dead owl I'n the freezer is a new level of horse related stealth, one lower than sneaking rugs I'n the washing machine, or bits I'n the dishwasher, good job he doesn't venture towards the freezer really!