barrie swain semi flex

Rhodders

Visit site
Considering purchasing one second hand for my Welsh d, can anyone tell me how true the "can be altered to fit any horse" statement I keep seeing on the ads is. And, if it is extremely adjustable, can it only be done by barrie swain? How does this process work?

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I wouldn't use anyone other than BS fitters now - had too many bad experiences with SMS "qualified" fitters. I have the model previous to the semi-flex, the holistic tree I think it's called (it has give in the tree) and it's a fabulous saddle. If you get the right fitter from BS, they're better than anyone I've ever used. I had a BS DR saddle and would v much like to get rid of my Ideal jumping saddle for a BS one!

stimpy

Visit site
I have the model previous to the semi-flex, the holistic tree I think it's called (it has give in the tree) and it's a fabulous saddle.

I have this saddle too, it is bl**dy fantastic. I have used it on three different horses in the last four years and they have all gone brilliantly in it plus it's super comfy for me :-D

IMO no saddle can be adjusted to fit any horse as the depth of the gusset is a crucial element that is very difficult to change on a saddle. I have had my holistic saddle adjusted very successfully by my fabulous fitter but when I told him I was lusting after a semiflex he told me to stick with its predecessor as in his opinion the holistic is a much better saddle...!

pansymouse

Visit site
Not sure about the semi flex tree and I'm also sceptical about the fit anything claims. However I'm complete Barrie Swain fan - I have Lauriche saddles which are no longer made but were made in Barrie's workshops - fantastically comfortable for the rider and the horse. I use Kay Humphries to fit and she works exclusively (I think) with Barrie.

mega spoilt ponies

Visit site
I have a dressage, a gp and a jump, all of which have been adjusted to fit my various horses from flat backed friesian to warmblood to thoroughbred. There a a few saddlers local to me who adjust the trees but i just send mine up to the 'maker' and he sets them to the template provided.

They have corrected 3 bad backs on mine- same saddle- very different shaped horses

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
The web page and contact numbers have disappeared off the internet, so you may have trouble getting a fitter out for them. Even the facebook page is blank.

mongy46

Visit site
I have an almost new one for sale its an event/jump 17 inch, set currently to medium wide.
Barry only charges £35 to alter