Bates Saddles - your opinions please

mega spoilt ponies

Visit site
Another very bad experience here, i bought a brand new one and despite the shop associated fitter assuring me on 3 occasions within a couple of months that it fitted, it crippled my youngster and made him violent to take up. Removed the saddle- no further issues

3OldPonies

Visit site
Another very bad experience here, i bought a brand new one and despite the shop associated fitter assuring me on 3 occasions within a couple of months that it fitted, it crippled my youngster and made him violent to take up. Removed the saddle- no further issues

I wouldn't say this was the saddle at fault though, more the fault of the fitter who failed to notice or believe that it didn't fit.

mega spoilt ponies

Visit site
The saddle was a terrible fit, because of the kinked tree, which i also consider a fundamental problem of the saddles. And yes the fitter was also as much use as a chocolate tea pot.

I should never have been sold that saddle, as my extremely talented saddler pointed out that it was no where near wide enough or the right shape at all, and no amount of changing gullet plates would have made that dodgy tree fit my horse

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
I wouldn't say this was the saddle at fault though, more the fault of the fitter who failed to notice or believe that it didn't fit.

What about the owner who failed to see that it didn't fit either? Saddle fit isn't rocket science, any one with half an ounce of horse sense should be able to see and feel at least the basics of whether a saddle fits or not.

mega spoilt ponies

Visit site
Excuse me? How rude. The fitter was called back on repeated occasions over a month or two because i did not believe it was right. She assured me it was perfect. It hurt him the instant it was on but did no actual damage to him.
Bog off!