Bates VSD saddle? does anyone have one?

Blizzard

Visit site
Hi Im thinking of buying my welsh sec D mar a bates VSD, she already has the Bates all purpose but its too forward cut for her large shoulders.

If you have one I would love to know of your experiences with them and it would be super if someone could send me a piccy of theirs, Ive never seen one 'in the flesh' yet!

im after a brown 17"
smirk.gif
<span style="color:purple"> </span>

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
I've just got one - in brown. It's lovely! It's still quite forward cut though but I haven't seen it next to the All purpose version so can't really compare. Haven't got any photos of it - sorry
wink.gif
- but I'd certainly recommend it so far.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Well I tried one on my boy - he promptly threw me off....... it was too long in the seat for him (he's VERY short backed!). But in the minute I stayed on, it was terribly comfy! I love Bates saddles, the look and feel great.

Blizzard

Visit site
Thank guys! I must admit I love her current bates one but its too long in the back so Im anticipating rearing and bucking LOL.

Gedenskis, how would you describe the colour brown, the advertising pic, which is all Ive seen in the brown seems to be very chocolatey, her all purpose one is very reddish brown, I prefer the choccy colour!

thanks!

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Hummm.... okay I've just been out to look at mine. It's a very subtle two tone with the seat and knee pads being more reddish brown and the flaps being more choccy brown. It looks great on. I'd take a photo for you but my camera battery has run out and since I moved house I haven't been able to find my charger
frown.gif

Do any of your local tack shops stock them? Best way would be to go and have a look.

Btw I got mine from Equestrian Clearance and got a very very good deal. If you're going to buy mail order I'd definitely recommend considering them.

sham

Visit site
Hi-jacking the thread slightly (sorry!) but any comments on their event saddle? Was contemplating buying one for next years season, but have had no contact with the bates range at all!

Blizzard

Visit site
Thanks gedenski, yes I was planning on buying mine from there lol!

Ive just sold her bates all purpose so as soon as the lady pays (ebay), i can get her the vsd, yey!

The closest shop we haev near us that sells them is rideaway, which is over 2 hours away. I will buy it and if I dont like it E.C. let you return them as long as they have only been sat on the horse and girth not done up.