Bateson /Ivor Williams or Cheval Liberte?

eahotson

Visit site
Am looking to upgrade my trailer to a double.Currently have a single cheval bought because the car I had at he time had a towing limit of 11 kgs.Now have a freelander and all relevant licences! The cheval has been decent and the only thing needing replacement has been the ramp damper.Judged in good condition on a recent service.Borrowed an Ivor Williams double and discovered that I like the front ramp with the top opening bit when you are parked.It all seems much more spacious and light inside and horse loaded easier.With the top bit opened he finds it all much more sociable as well.Any views?

fishy

Visit site
I have a bateson, it's light to tow and light and airy inside. I had front Windows put in as well. I have towed an ifor but with my 2 in I'm close to my limits. I dealt directly with Paterson as they are not too far from me and they were great. X

chocolategirl

Visit site
I Also have a Bateson which is fantastic to tow! I have had Ifors in the past which are great, but the Bateson doesnt rattle like the Ifors do And it has a built in tack locker so no wheeling anything about. If you buy brand new direct from Bateson you will get a good discount as well!

emmieatheart

Visit site
Another vote for bateson suspension is much better than an Ifor and offers more space than the 505/506 for less money if buying 2nd hand! Also prefer that the loading ramp is to the left for breakdown emergency's! Also found bateson to be really helpful /efficient for spares!

ROG

Visit site
You now have the choice of any trailer with your B+E licence

The max ACTUAL weight for the trailer will the lower figure of either the towing limit or the trailer MAM

Please do not listen to anybody who tells you that the trailer MAM cannot be more that the towing limit because it legally can - you just use the lower figure as explained above