Bateson or IW

Gerilew

Visit site
I am looking to purchase 2nd hand trailer and would love to hear preference on Bateson Deauville or IW 511 - both approx 5 yrs old but considerable difference in price :rolleyes:

fizzer

Visit site
Had a Bateson and loved it. Now have the new Ifor 511 and equally love it. Ifor has a bit more room. Both tow great.

Shazzababs

Visit site
Had a Bateson Ascot, swapped it for a lorry, now got another Bateson Ascot.

I wouldn't have anything else.

I've always had the model with the double doors at the back, which is great for shutting one side with the other open, if you have a problem loader or just want to put the studs in while they are still loaded. They also mean you can load it with a fork lift if you need to carry anything big.

The built in lockable tack store is great too.

pigpony

Visit site
I've also got the ascot, I love how light and airy it is, also they seam to travel very well in it. Mine is going on 10 years old and still looks brand new despite taking me through years of PC and now riding club activities.

The built in tack locker is a god send and the trailer itself it really light and we've moved it by hand on various occasions with complete ease.

KatB

Visit site
Im in the process of looking for a trailer at the moment, and would only consider a bateson due to the different suspension to the ifors, and also they have the headspace for a big horse, without being as big all round as the Ifor.

Crazy_Caz

Visit site
I have a Bateson Ascot - bought from new and I did originally look at the Ifors... but the inbuilt tack box at the front and the superior suspension did it for me.. :)

perfect11s

Visit site
Bateson!!!then I had a new IW on loan what a difference bump bang jerk over rough roads empty and a little better with a horse on And I was towing it with a big vehicle, so if you have the cash I would go for a bateson..