Bath & West

Tempi

Visit site
Its official, ive been bitten by the jumping bug!! So after a word with Dieseldog (thankies!!) i have decided to aim for the intro at Bath & West on 7th October. Im going to do some HTs and a couple of PC ODEs to get Bloss going xcountry and il do a bit of xcountry schooling. She has done it before, and actualy went clear on our one and only HT and came 6th so shes not that useless!! (it was only 2'6 tho
blush.gif
)

Anyways, my question is is this course ok for a first intro? Any corners/ditches? As thats the only things that worry me (and Bloss!!) Its the only event i can get too as the other ones that are near me im busy on the weekends they are on.

Ginn

Visit site
Can't offer any advice on the course but if you want any support on the day I'd happily come down...

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Its a nice intro - good atmosphere. Do not think it really has anything too complicated. No ditches or corners. SJ is usually up to height but its flat arena. I can also recommend Bricky that is lovely place.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
For Monty would bare in mind that dressage is in a stadium as the main ring of the county show - last year it blew my horses mind and the xc was not tough enough to allow us to climb up. There is a lot of moving around from warm up area you move closer to where arena is then go in just before test into stadium with 6 arenas in there. This also did not help my horse despite him being pumped full of calmer!

Tempi

Visit site
ive just found out i cant go anyways, so has anyone any other suggestions for intros near me (have to be on weekends)? otherwise think il have to wait till nxt year
frown.gif

Thax for the offer Jen!! il take you up on that if i find an event to go to!!

ihatework

Visit site
Spire Park - Bank Holiday AUgust
Munstead - September
West Wilts (may have another intro - need to check)

Tempi

Visit site
i cant do the spire park one (its too soon!!) and i cant do munstead either as BDing.

West Wilts have one on saturday 2nd september which i can do either
frown.gif

Oh well, will have to keep looking.............

Ginn

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Thax for the offer Jen!! il take you up on that if i find an event to go to!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Anytime! Its all good reasearch for about 3 years time when Im looking to do the same with madam! Besides, we could do some man shopping while there!

Tempi

Visit site
er, unlikly!! il be too stressed out to man shop!!!! you can look out for me tho! Altho i doubt at intro level they will be rich enough or goodlooking enough for me!!!!
grin.gif

Ginn

Visit site
Fair enough, no men shopping yet - will no that when you take bloss round some advanced tracks
grin.gif
grin.gif
But would be really happy to come and look after the pair of you and I make some mean BLT's!

nelgonde

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
We're toying with doing B and w but it's 67 miles from here..Bricky and Moreton are more like 90!
Do many people travel these sort of distances to events? Do you stay overnight or do it in the day..

[/ QUOTE ]
I always limited myself to 2 hours, but you only have to read Bill Levett's diary to see that the pros travel a LOT further!

I maybe going to B&W if the 5yo TB is up to it. But then it's only 15 minutes from me...