battery boosters

sarah23

Visit site
I have bought a heavy duty battery charger/booster and have just read the instructions and it says not to use a 13amp plug but either an industrial supply or a heavy duty plug. Does any body please know What plugs i need and can i then plug it into a domestic socket.

Simsar

Visit site
Interesting I was only looking on ebay today as our battery is flat too, must get an isolator fitted! I will e mail the seller and ask him if you like.

Echo Bravo

Visit site
Assuming that the charger runs from single phase mains and not 3-phase, then in an industrial environment, you would use a 16 Amp 3 pin circular blue plug. This latches into a mating circular wall socket and and is splashproof rated IP44.

I think you would get away with fitting a 13 Amp heavy duty rubber plug instead. Check the rating plate on the back of the charger and make sure that the current consumed is not more than 13 Amps.

sarah23

Visit site
I bought this one if it helps any, so can i use it. Sorry I'm a women and can't do all the technical stuff
laugh.gif

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MASSIVE-520-AMP-12...=item5d277d016e

Echo Bravo

Visit site
Simples - just get a rubber 3-pin plug from your local hardware shop and fit to the end of the cable. Plug this into a normal domestic socket.

The advantage of a rubber plug is that it doesn't break so easily when you run over it with your tractor.

LOL

Mike007

Visit site
I suggest you take this back and get a smaller one, it is complete overlkill for what you want.I use a Clarke BC210N which can be run off a conventional socket and also does 24 volt. It cost about £100 plus vat from machinemart.
smile.gif

perfect11s

Visit site
I would just like to add a few points firstly you need to be very carefull if they are frozen and you boost charge they can explode also if the lorry is newer than 2001 its very likely to have electronics !!!which can easly be damaged by chargers
frown.gif

also fast charging wrecks baterys so if you like big repair bills
carry on boosting !!! the corect way to deal with the problem of a seldom used vehicle is to put the batterys on a overnight trickle charge the day before a trip or better still disconect them when not being used and give them a overnight charge once a month... also remember a battery should be charged at 10% of its amp hour rating most lorry baterys are about 120AH so a 12 amp charger would be ideal
wink.gif