Battery op, internet free Security camera recommendations please!

Visit site
Hi there, I'm struggling to find a cctv/security type camera that will run on rechargeable battery and without wifi for my stable. It can be motion sensor or continuous running as long as it records to an SD card that I can review when I need to. Small budget! What is everyone else using? Or is there another suggestion out there?

Unfortunately a fellow livery has now twice fed my horse hay unnecessarily and yesterday someone had definitely been in my stable (she was in for the day) so I'm looking for evidence before tackling them about it :-(

Many thanks!

Reactions: DD

Ellietotz

Visit site

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I researched this recently and the only 4G solar powered camera I could find was Reolink. I've got one but haven't managed to connect it up to the network yet, which is a little frustrating. I don't think the problem is with the camera, probably the 4g network and/or the user!

BlackRider

Visit site
I researched this recently and the only 4G solar powered camera I could find was Reolink. I've got one but haven't managed to connect it up to the network yet, which is a little frustrating. I don't think the problem is with the camera, probably the 4g network and/or the user!
The downside I found was that I originally bought 2 4g devices assuming I could switch easily between them - nope! It needed a reset each time.
Its easily solved though, by logging into the router and giving them both the same network name and password.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I went to a local demmo a while back (last year??) where Clippersharp were demming solar-powered PIR activated security lights.

Don't know if they do Cameras as well, but might be worth having a peek at their website in case they do??

Failing that, it might be worth approaching a few private security firms to see what they can suggest; someone somewhere should have what you're wanting! And the advantage of having something installed by a recognised security firm is that they'll put up a notice saying words-to-the-effect-of the security system is installed by...... (so-and-so), which will go a long way to sharpening the minds of the criminal fraternity that THIS yard is covered by a professional security system..........

Just a thought.

BenvardenRach2

Visit site

holeymoley

Visit site
Rydale cameras are great. I have the ptz stable cam that runs off a leisure battery and works with a sim card for 4G. It did work out about £500 for the initial purchase and set up though.

holeymoley

Visit site
No bother, Chris at Rydale is really good, he'll call to help you set up and he's really good if you encounter any problems.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
As per my earlier post, I got a solar powered 4g camera from Reolink, I think it was around £250. I've got a data card from Vodafone that's £3/month (it's called a V-Sim and you have to ask specifically for it as no-one seems to know about them). Unfortunately I've not yet set it up as I need to get some help to get it sited somewhere useful.