Bay boys in retina burning matchy tat to brighten up this gloomy day...

tryinghard

Visit site
Wow you two really are an inspiration! Fabulous colours, and what super ponies to work so well in what looks like awful weather! They both look in fantastic condtion too :)
I was interested to hear that they are fed Re-leve as when I rang Saracen to ask about feeding it to my ex-racer they said it might fizz him up - have you found that? They suggested show improver pencils instead but the starch in that is over 20% which I felt was too high (especially with a risk of EGUS)
Have you tried ERS pellets by any chance?
Hope you dont mind me asking about feeding but you are obviously getting it right with your bay boys.

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
Hiya have actually had the opposite experience, they were on winergy condition but since swapping to the re leve fig has been more settled...yes he will always be a sharper type of horse but on this he will settle and work nicely where as on the winergy had really good days, but also mad crazy days!!!!

CS is a much more straightforward horse to feed as he doesn't react to feed in any way except like you say, in terms of ulcers. He has been much happier in his tummy on the re leve ( but he does have egusin supp too).

I would avoid the show improver pencils for anything sharp or ulcer prone !!!

The ers pellets were next on the list if the re leve didn't work so sadly no experience.

tryinghard

Visit site
Thanks for the reply PS - very interesting to hear your experiences after what the Saracen helpline had said as its the opposite "scratches head"....

nikkimariet

Visit site
Love that blue! This weather is horrible :( boys looking good, pair of chunky monkeys these days! :)

I thought that - very pleased considering we've had a rough winter! Thank you :)

Love them. The pics do make me feel chilllllllllly though!!!

I have the hibiscus set, it's a reddy/orangey/corally colour. I posted a thread about my baby horses and the bay one is jumping in it :)

It wasn't so bad when you were riding, but I was frozen stiff when watching!!! *off to perve on hibiscus pics*

I'm :eek: :eek: :eek: about those gold stirrups lol. Did you lose a bet? ;)

I think we were magpies in former lives :eek:

Thanks for the reply PS - very interesting to hear your experiences after what the Saracen helpline had said as its the opposite "scratches head"....

Fig has been much more consistent since swapping to the Releve. And he reacts to all types of feed (including specifically non heating feeds!!). Will admit that I wouldn't touch the SI pencils with a bargepole. The nutritional contents are scary! Would recommend micronised linseed too - this makes a much bigger difference than grass pellets or sugar beet.

EveningStar

Visit site
God it looks freeezing!
I love your jacket NMT, we are heading into winter over here and I need a nice riding one
I wish I could get my TB looking like your boys, they look amazing
Love both the pink and the blue - Though i'm not sure if I could subject my boy to the pink (even if he is a princess)

TPO

Visit site
Fig is looking fantastic. I don't know if it's just me noticing for the first time since saddle change but you look really connected "back to back" in these pictures :)

CS's physical development is/ has been fascinating to follow. Thank you for continuing to post

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
yes the Equipe Emprio mono flap, LOVE it (we both do) my back has been so much better (im actually riding without my back support in these pics) and NMT has found it much easier on her hips (which is where she suffers).

really confused by Saracen feedline advice TBH, re leve is specifically marketed as low starch and high oil and aimed at horses with digestive and metabolic problems?!

leave my stirrups alone lol, i loves them, really supportive and they match my gold theme (my theme is gold, NMT's is silver, method in the madness)

KPM

Visit site
Already commented on CS on faceache but they both look absolutely stonking. Well done :).
Was the BR pad from Ooteman too? I only looked quickly when I saw the range but couldn't find a UK supplier?

I wonder if my boy would deck me if I dressed him in hot pink...though my mare would love it!x

RCP Equestrian

Visit site
Ermm....can I have your legs please???

I'm a hobbit and struggle to wrap my pathetic short legs round my 16.1hh hunk of a warmblood!

I'll do you a swap? :D

nikkimariet

Visit site
Ermm....can I have your legs please???

I'm a hobbit and struggle to wrap my pathetic short legs round my 16.1hh hunk of a warmblood!

I'll do you a swap? :D

Fig is only 15hh, he's quite easy to wrap legs round!!!

really love Fig!
really like your sister's blue jacket, where is it from?

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
Both looking lovely as usual :)

Jealous of the anky set! I'm hoping one day they may actually have a colour that suits orange :( so tempted to buy the hibiscus and go clashy :D

Also where did you acquire your two lovely tb's? I sent in forms etc last June to darley rehoming centre and they never got back to me, thankfully my pony is now back in work but I am looking for something for the future :)

nikkimariet

Visit site
Both looking lovely as usual :)

Jealous of the anky set! I'm hoping one day they may actually have a colour that suits orange :( so tempted to buy the hibiscus and go clashy :D

Also where did you acquire your two lovely tb's? I sent in forms etc last June to darley rehoming centre and they never got back to me, thankfully my pony is now back in work but I am looking for something for the future :)

Fig was from Panama Sport Horses (Nick privately owned him but sent him for training with the Kirkbys).

CS was from a private seller who bought him from ascot bloodstock sales.

Shame that Darley didn't get back to you :( There's a lovely ex racer in the ads at the moment - pretty, built nicely, 16.3hh, 5yo. But it's done nothing and they want £6k for it. Which is bonkers!

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
i would ring darley to chase, i emailed them 3 times last year when we were looking for Fig and heard zilch, which is incredibly slack for a re-homing centre, but they do have some smart horses through.

OakeyT

Visit site
Both horses look fab. Just a Q about the cover on the reins. My mare is very soft skinned and is developing bald spots on either side of her neck :-( thanks

JFTDWS

Visit site
mmm, sexy. I love the blue, looks really great. They both look totally great. But then, that's nothing new ;)

nikkimariet

Visit site
nevermind the matchy.............those stirrup irons...wowsers!!! :D:D

Lol! Magpies in former lives, I'm telling you!

Both horses look fab. Just a Q about the cover on the reins. My mare is very soft skinned and is developing bald spots on either side of her neck :-( thanks

Mine are fake sheepskin, £5 for the pair off ebay!

mmm, sexy. I love the blue, looks really great. They both look totally great. But then, that's nothing new ;)

Blue blue blue. We have done a swap today :)

479867_10152668899575195_1110299704_n_zpsa10ca3aa.jpg

One must match perfectly for hacking!!