Bay horse - what colour tack?

dreamcometrue

Visit site
I am in the process of buying a new saddle for my bay mare (sec D). She is medium bay, quite dark in winter.

I am a bit of a traditionalist and veer towards havanna but there seems to be a lot of black about these days so I am thinking about it.

I am after a VSD type saddle and we mainly hack but do a bit of flatwork and jumping and starting to do dressage. Not likely to ever show her (even though she is gorgeous :D).

So those of you with bays what colour tack do you have?

Christsam

Visit site
I have a havanna saddle for breaking at the moment but bought my bright bay boy a nice rhinegold black bridle so will be changing to black when i get his "adult" saddle.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
I have Black on my black gelding and we show and have done rather well at it :)

On black pony however she wears havana as planning on workers and other things and its more correct :) My next horse will be either bay liver or black (if I can wangle it lol) it looks fine on her :)

crabbymare

Visit site
i have all brown tack for mine and it looks good on any colour but its down to the individual and since tackshops have mostly black saddles in stock that tends to be whats sold more often.

Abacus

Visit site
My bay looks lovely in all black tack, I agree it looks nice as the points are black. I used to have a tan jump saddle and don't think it really suited him. Havana looks ok but not as smart.

Tash88

Visit site
My horse is a dark bay in the winter and goes quite a bit lighter in the summer, and his black tack always looks smart. He looks extra smart with his white boots on which match with the white sheepskin on his black saddlecloth, that is my favourite 'look' on him! He has a brown bridle for lungeing which belonged to my last horse and that looks alright, but black suits him better.

Oberon

Visit site
I always have brown tack for every horse :eek:.

I believe black leather is for human boots and biker jackets only :D

I love gold and burgundy on bays too.