Baydale's Blue-and-White and Bay Blog *pics and vids*

Baydale

Visit site
Hellooooo, long time no speak but rain stopping play has made for a very bored gang of Baydales, boo. :( Thankfully the big yellow thing has reappeared in the sky and meant that I had to dust off my competition kit and see if I could remember how to do it. :eek:

First outing was the very lovely Ralphie G and the final of the Vale View Eventer Trial series: big prize money so Claire and I felt it would be rude not to have a go. Claire was up first in the Intermediate and I poo-pooed her protestations about the size of the track, did some of my special motivational butt-kicking and set her loose. One word: wow! She rode beautifully; her showjumping was spot-on and then she upped the pace for the xc, just being unlucky to have two fences down but finishing a very creditable 9th out of 46. :D Twas very kind of her to warm him up for me :p even if it did mean waiting until 4.30 for our 1.10m class. I haven't actually sat on Ralph for a month but hey, a bit of pressure is good for me, surely? :eek: I needn't have worried as Ralph is one for hiding his light under a bushel and only does as much as he needs to, but I think even he got a shock at the skinny brush and had to put his knees right under his chin! Scroll down to find that one as I seem to have become a technophobe and can't link to individual photos:

http://www.everybodysmile.biz/hoofp...e_es137.php?Cat=402-Nicky McDonnell Ralphie G

Sadly we had two down but I was still chuffed to finish 7th out of 30 odd and it certainly got the adrenaline pumping round my veins. :D

Next up he who you all adore so much, :rolleyes: The Most Annoying Horse on The Planet, who appears to have reached new levels of annoyance in the 8 whole weeks since his last run at Catton. Aston had put on an extra day so I entered the Intermediate, made sure I went xc schooling and did ditches aplenty, and off we set with Jup's New Best Friend, Bumpy, who I train along with his rider, nicknamed Floppy. :)

Dressage: hmmm, I was a little overwhelmed and utterly in awe of some of the horses warming up as there was also Advanced running, but tried to focus on my big bay bundle and getting whatever I could out of his dressage-loathing brain and body. It was telling that as we moved off from the first halt he did the biggest sigh ever, which made me laugh! All was going ok until the last medium trot when he had a complete drama queen moment - he has a sore mouth on one side - stopped dead and reacted as if I'd taken his back teeth out, then fluffed the next couple of moments.....not our finest moment, admittedly, so a well-deserved 35.9 in a section where the leader was on 23. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nHTiGe0bdc&list=UUITXXFxUhnZR0e7eK5tJsmw&index=1&feature=plcp

Showjumping was on a surface so Floppy and I stood and watched a few, thinking it was quite a beefy track but pretty jumpable...turns out it was the Advanced! Get us, thinking it was ok. ;) Jup did his best yak impression warming up so I resorted to JA Pony Rider on Speed tactics to make him get him "motivated". It worked a treat, even if it does look like I'm going against the clock, and by rights I should have had the second part of the double down but hey, if Lady Luck is on your side for a change who am I to complain?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM747rs2wXE&list=UUITXXFxUhnZR0e7eK5tJsmw&index=2&feature=plcp

And some photos from the team tog:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So, I was chuffed to bits with that and all revved up ready to go cross country. I didn't think it was as big as Catton but still enough to do and complacency is not a good companion whilst riding cross country. May I gush? :p My pony was just awesome, and boy can he shift for a fat lad! :D I wasn't flat out but he was so up for it, not a single :eek: moment, even when he slipped on the turn to the first water.
I thought the first fence was wide enough:

picture.php

That made me get my bum in gear... :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVneSYfnj20&list=UUITXXFxUhnZR0e7eK5tJsmw&index=3&feature=plcp

But why oh why do I feel the need to set up for a really straightforward fence? *slaps herself* :mad:

I do it again here at a bloomin' chase fence. :( I mean you couldn't get a more obvious invitation to gallop on than a fence like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw-yHG_AzjY&list=UUITXXFxUhnZR0e7eK5tJsmw&index=4&feature=plcp

And here, where I probably should have added to the coffin I didn't, although that was possibly me thinking I daren't give him a moment to ponder over the ditch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U37DZV8Zns&list=UUITXXFxUhnZR0e7eK5tJsmw&index=5&feature=plcp

How cute was he over the bounce though? Pingy pony. :D

picture.php

I didn't wear a watch so was pleased with 6.4 time, particularly as I can see where I wasted time at the simple fences, and even more pleased to get deux points for his double clear. Top pony! :D:D:D

And a random photo of me in the new Baydale Bus (which we've called the Baydale Barbie Bus as it has a very fetching pink stripe/slash on the side :)) trying to be SuperFran. :p

picture.php

I only have builders' tea and muesli as this has been the ramblings of an insomniac. Sleep, pah, who needs it? :rolleyes: Oh, and I've been made redundant so will do some blatant networking and ask that if you know of anyone who needs a PA/Office Manager/Butt Kicker/Motivational Trainer, please could you point them in my direction. :)

Thistle

Visit site
Good to see you out and about again. I love Ralphie, and the bay boy ain't too bad either.

I've already asked OH to keep his ears open re a job, he's been flat out for most of this year but unfortunately it's gone quieter now, I'll give him another prod.

jules89

Visit site
super duper! he looks awesome, and some cool photos too! So pleased it went well for you :) good luck at the next

Festive_Felicitations

Visit site
I've missed your reports - glad to hear you finally have some events to go to!

Go Ralph! He sounds awesome!

And go Jup! Dr isnt really important is it? He makes the SJing and XC look so easy! Well done on you DC and the points!
I hope a job shows up for you soon...

Last edited:

Saratoga

Visit site
Well done! Lovely report and pics :)

I also ran at Aston and thought it was a lovely course, not many clears in the sj though so double well done!

Lolo

Visit site
Loving the Baydale gang- can I have Ralph? He has such a cheeky look about him :D

Massive well done for the shiny points for the DC, those Int fences are beyond enormous. If Al ever gets to jumping that big I'm going to have to hide her ponies to prevent it :D

NR99

Visit site
Wow you packed plenty into that report, lovely to read as we are having eventing withdrawal symptoms :(. I find wine and gin are helping a little ;)

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Fabulous! Well done. Love the camp tail shakes after every fence on the xc by Jupiter.

PorkChop

Visit site
Yay, super duper report :D

He was fab through the coffin and bounce, because you rode it beautifully, lovely determined riding, and a whoop whoop for two more shiny points!

only_me

Visit site
Great report :D the lovely jup is as lovely as ever, tatts 2* next may? ;)
As for the Job front, there's always some jobs advertised in the back of H&H? Good luck!

Baydale

Visit site
Good to see you out and about again. I love Ralphie, and the bay boy ain't too bad either.

I've already asked OH to keep his ears open re a job, he's been flat out for most of this year but unfortunately it's gone quieter now, I'll give him another prod.

Thanks M, Ralph is just such a dude - everyone loves him and he's so much less annoying than Jup. :rolleyes:

That would be great if you could prod your OH, I'm exploring every avenue as you never know what might turn up (says she, optimistically... :p)

Baydale

Visit site
I've missed your reports - glad to hear you finally have some events to go to!

Go Ralph! He sounds awesome!

And go Jup! Dr isnt really important is it? He makes the SJing and XC look so easy! Well done on you DC and the points!
I hope a job shows up for you soon...

Dressage is important, F, don't you dare encourage him to be any more naughty than he is already! ;) Mind you, Ralph feels much the same way about it too so maybe they've both got a point. :rolleyes:

Baydale

Visit site
Well done! Lovely report and pics :)

I also ran at Aston and thought it was a lovely course, not many clears in the sj though so double well done!

Thanks, Saratoga, hope you had a good run too. I'm sure our paths will cross again so we must meet up somewhere, eventually. :)

Baydale

Visit site
Wow you packed plenty into that report, lovely to read as we are having eventing withdrawal symptoms :(. I find wine and gin are helping a little ;)

You know me, always bounding around finding stuff to fill my days. :D Wine and gin are fun but not as much fun as eventing. ;)

BeckyD

Visit site
Having had a good look at some of the Intermediate fences when I was walking the 90 course on Satruday, I can safely say they are enormous and you are mad :D

Pics and vids are making it look very easy, as ever. Well done for a DC and for not being over-awed competing against such big names.

I still don't see how he can be that annoying - he sounds pretty awesome to me! Three cheers for Joooooooopiter!!

Baydale

Visit site
Loving the Baydale gang- can I have Ralph? He has such a cheeky look about him :D

Massive well done for the shiny points for the DC, those Int fences are beyond enormous. If Al ever gets to jumping that big I'm going to have to hide her ponies to prevent it :D

Ha ha, don't do that, the ponies love a bit of a challenge. ;) I was walking round Burghley Park yesterday and those are beyond enormous, trust me. :p

picture.php

You'll be at the back of a very long queue for Ralph, funny that Jup's queue isn't quite so long... :rolleyes:

Baydale

Visit site
Fabulous! Well done. Love the camp tail shakes after every fence on the xc by Jupiter.

Thanks, L, the camp tail shakes are just like HH does, bless them. I was thinking how much Jup reminded me of William in that cross country round so let's hope he's half as good and gives me half as many fun times. :)

Baydale

Visit site
Yay, super duper report :D

He was fab through the coffin and bounce, because you rode it beautifully, lovely determined riding, and a whoop whoop for two more shiny points!

Awww, thanks LJR :eek:, that's a lovely thing to say. I seem to have got my xc mojo back as Intro height was scaring me when I was having chemo. :eek:

Baydale

Visit site
Great report :D the lovely jup is as lovely as ever, tatts 2* next may? ;)
As for the Job front, there's always some jobs advertised in the back of H&H? Good luck!

Jup is only lovely if you don't have to live with him. ;) I'd love to do Tatts but Houghton would be the other option. I hadn't thought about H&H as I wasn't particularly thinking of horsey jobs, so thanks for that reminder. :)

Baydale

Visit site
Having had a good look at some of the Intermediate fences when I was walking the 90 course on Satruday, I can safely say they are enormous and you are mad :D

Pics and vids are making it look very easy, as ever. Well done for a DC and for not being over-awed competing against such big names.

I still don't see how he can be that annoying - he sounds pretty awesome to me! Three cheers for Joooooooopiter!!

Thanks, Becky, but I'm not mad, honestly I'm not. :p When you've got a pingy pony like Jooooopiter they feel like nothing at all. You come and spend a day at an event with him and you'll appreciate how annoying he is. :rolleyes:

Saratoga

Visit site
Thanks, Saratoga, hope you had a good run too. I'm sure our paths will cross again so we must meet up somewhere, eventually. :)

Hope so soon! We had a good day other than a couple of poles in the SJ, but then he's never jumped that well on that surface so I was kind of expecting it :)

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
Thanks, Becky, but I'm not mad, honestly I'm not. :p When you've got a pingy pony like Jooooopiter they feel like nothing at all. You come and spend a day at an event with him and you'll appreciate how annoying he is. :rolleyes:

Oooooh please can I be a deputy groom at Somerford?
I can provide Gin and food (posh or hearty). And I can offer a stable or two if you need?

Baydale

Visit site
Hope so soon! We had a good day other than a couple of poles in the SJ, but then he's never jumped that well on that surface so I was kind of expecting it :)

That's funny as Bump doesn't usually have fences and he had three down - it's like it's a bit dead or something. I'll report that back to Flo as she was very disappointed with her round.

Baydale

Visit site
Oooooh please can I be a deputy groom at Somerford?
I can provide Gin and food (posh or hearty). And I can offer a stable or two if you need?

I'd love you to come and be Deputy Groom, or Catering Manager even. I was going to do it all in a day as it's only just over 100 miles but if you're happy to have us stay that would be fantastic, such fun. :D Will pm you anyway - that'll give you time to think up an excuse for us not to come and stay... :p