BBC...keep switching equestrian Chanel !! Grrrrrr.

Shooting Star

Visit site
I've only got freeview, had to retune it to pick up the new channels and have them all now so got to see today's dressage on the tv rather than hunched over the iPad!

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
I've yet to see anything, watching BBC and they keep mentioning that they are going to show something but so far - nothing. I don't get the red button, and I also can't see any online as I'm in Ireland so cannot get i-player. I'm fairly close to giving up and just forgetting the whole thing, had enough of watching the beach volleyball etc. at this point.

I was planning on trying to watch some of the xc online tomorrow, but I can't find anywhere to watch it. Best option so far is RTE online, but they just have a single Olympics programme - you don't get to pick a sport.

teapot

Visit site
If you've not updated your freeview channels I thoroughly recommend it.

BBC online has everything though if you can't get it on your tv.

BlairandAzria

Visit site
I've yet to see anything, watching BBC and they keep mentioning that they are going to show something but so far - nothing. I don't get the red button, and I also can't see any online as I'm in Ireland so cannot get i-player. I'm fairly close to giving up and just forgetting the whole thing, had enough of watching the beach volleyball etc. at this point.

I was planning on trying to watch some of the xc online tomorrow, but I can't find anywhere to watch it. Best option so far is RTE online, but they just have a single Olympics programme - you don't get to pick a sport.

If you are in Ireland, you can trick player by generating a uk IP address, my parents used to do it to watch country file when they lived in Europe!

McFluff

Visit site
I got it on freeview - on my tv (Sony) with built in tuner it was channel 602 (there are a few bbc channels for the Olympics - channel 600 to 610 on my tv). Worth doing a quick update and looking for them.

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
BBC online has everything though if you can't get it on your tv.

I assume this wasn't for me, as I've already said I can't get any BBC online as I'm not in the UK - its blocked on your IP address and complex (and illegal) to get around.

If anyone knows anywhere that will be showing the xc online, accessible from Ireland, please let me know.

neddy man

Visit site
I've just got the bog-standard Freeview TV set, haven't managed to watch ANYTHING at the moment....... :( :( :(

Surely BBC could have put SOMETHING equestrian on, somewhere on the Freeview or main channels so that people like me without all the gimmicks and gadgets can watch it??

RE TUNE when the telly is switched on it might say re tune now, press OK ,if you press any other button you loose that message and have to press menue buttom and go to retune when re tuned you should get channells 601 to 609 press the channel scan button it will show you which channel its on, equestrian is on at 1-55 pm every day, scroll through the time section to tomorrow at 2pm and you will see what channel No. to record ( monday is 606 eventing cross country) but they change channel No every day so scroll to check b4 setting video record.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
RE TUNE when the telly is switched on it might say re tune now, press OK ,if you press any other button you loose that message and have to press menue buttom and go to retune when re tuned you should get channells 601 to 609 press the channel scan button it will show you which channel its on, equestrian is on at 1-55 pm every day, scroll through the time section to tomorrow at 2pm and you will see what channel No. to record ( monday is 606 eventing cross country) but they change channel No every day so scroll to check b4 setting video record.
i retuned my tv but although it shows the channels i dont get anything on them till later in the evening and has been boxing or judo.but tomight its tennis. i have just freeview and on checking all the info i can find it says that reception can be due to area and as i am quite rural i assume this is the problem for me. i think the cc is on bbc4 tomorrow for a while, so worth checking.

sasquatch

Visit site
is the Olympic youtube channel showing them?
I know they have the past equestrian events on their channel, so can't see why they wouldn't have a live stream.

We have BT Vision, we don't have red button nor do we have the red button channels even if we retune it. We also don't get other channels we pay for, or other channels like Channel 4 because the signal is so poor regardless of the weather etc.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I guess it's not really the BBC's fault that Irish television aren't showing the people of Ireland more of the olympics though is it?!

Vodkagirly

Visit site
is the Olympic youtube channel showing them?
I know they have the past equestrian events on their channel, so can't see why they wouldn't have a live stream.

We have BT Vision, we don't have red button nor do we have the red button channels even if we retune it. We also don't get other channels we pay for, or other channels like Channel 4 because the signal is so poor regardless of the weather etc.

You should have - that's all I have and I get them. Just put in the number of the channel.
The poor signal sounds like an aerial issue.

Ruftysdad

Visit site
We live in Tenerife part of the year and downloaded an app called Hola. This enabled me to watch BBC on my tablet. No idea of the legality, I just know it works

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
try another re tune, you may get lucky.(does it show 601 to 609 ?)
yes have done a couple of retunes but only shows 601 & 602.....i checked on tv text page 998 and it tells you exactly what you get depending on your package. as i only have freeview i only get the 2 extra channels part time, so evenings only...luckily i have been able to watch all of the dressage on line.. it would just be nicer to see it on the tv....

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
It happened again with x-country. I've just got home to enjoy the footage my sky box was set to record but BBC changed from red button 5 to red button 1 and I've missed first half.

Did anyone have any luck finding the full version of dressage on iplayer?

Clodagh

Visit site
It happened again with x-country. I've just got home to enjoy the footage my sky box was set to record but BBC changed from red button 5 to red button 1 and I've missed first half.

Did anyone have any luck finding the full version of dressage on iplayer?

Absolutely same here, am spitting!

Max123

Visit site
If you have sky or similar you can tune in BBC Olympic channels under services other channels. To see how to look on boards.ie under satellite and free to air. It gives you the frequency to tune to and instructions on how to. I'm watching cross country at the moment in Dublin
Should have been a reply to Laura Nash. For Republic of Ireland viewers

Last edited:

Marchtime

Visit site
I saw bbc had messed with the channels so rushed home at lunch to reset it. Somehow I'm still missing half of the first team riders including Gemma. I'm furious. How can they make it this difficult record ��

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I was thinking it might be because the rowing was cancelled yesterday and there's had to be a lot of re-planning but I wish it had been series linked so it could have recorded properly.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I've got Freeview, only Freeview, and nothing else. Can get Olympic stuff on BBC1, BBC4 - and occasionally 600 or 601 - but that is all.

I am unable to "select" any channels to watch what I'd like to :(

One would have thought that in this technological age, it would be possible to somehow be able to select, easily (1) the chosen sport that one wants to watch, and (2) some idea of programming and channels so you know what's what.

Total c@ck up. Usual BBC.

ladyt25

Visit site
I am sooo peed off as have Virgin and there are about 15 Olympic channels and today despite me setting it to record the xc I have hours of rowing!
Why can't they just get it right? I can't set it to record every channel to make sure I get it?!
Really annoyed!

ladyt25

Visit site
I am waiting for it to appear on the red button catch up. Other than that it'll be iplayer I guess but that probably won't be until tomorrow?
It's just ridiculous. How do they expect people to be able to follow it and get involved when they can't even sort out what channels to show events on. I think I will complain. I don't see why they need to switch the channels? Where's the logic?