BD advice please

Firewell

Visit site
Iv'e heard you can do the prelim classes without being registered is this right? Do you have to buy a day ticket like BSJA or do just enter as normal? If you do have to buy a ticket, how much is it?

Sorry I prob sound like a nitwit but ive never done BD before

Thanks
smile.gif

Nats_uk

Visit site
You can compete in Prelim tests without purchasing a class ticket (I think they are £6 BTW).

I can't remember what you are entitled to in terms of rosettes/money (BD website is too damn slow for me to check!). I know you don't earn points at Prelim level and you can qualify for the National Champs /Areas Festivals but you need to be registered before you enter for them.

Nats_uk

Visit site
BD website now working:
Many people are unaware that you don’t need to be a British Dressage (BD) member to enter the open section of preliminary classes at affiliated dressage competitions. However, we do hope you will join us and enjoy the many benefits our membership offers. You will need to join if you would like to take part in a preliminary restricted qualifier, which is a class through which you can qualify for a championship.

The other way you can try BD competitions before joining is through class tickets. By buying a class ticket for £6, you can enter one BD class without being a member or having a registered horse. You can win rosettes and prize money, but will not receive BD points or qualifications, except for Petplan Equine Area Festivals.