BD Dressage 'outfit'

Daisy1905

Visit site
Could anybody tell me what kind of gloves, hat and boots you are supposed to wear? Has there been a rule change (white gloves only)?

Tempi

Visit site
White gloves, white jodphurs,white stock shirt and white stock, long black boots or short black boots and leather gaiters, navy jacket and navy hat or black jacket and black hat and horse should be in a white dressage square.

The above isnt compulsory but its what the majority wear and it looks smart. Im not sure on the gloves rule anymore as they keep changing it, but i think white looks the nicest anyway.

Last edited:

tinkerbell88

Visit site
White gloves, white jodphurs,white stock shirt and white stock, long black boots or short black boots and leather gaiters, navy jacket and navy hat or black jacket and white hat and horse should be in a white dressage square.QUOTE]

Lol Tempi you mean black jacket and black hat :p

Tempi

Visit site
Yes - am at work so didnt read what i had written.

Any type of hat is fine, i would suggest one with a strap but entirely up to you. I have a beagler and a safety standard hat (both navy). GPAs are becoming more popular aswell now at affliated level, although most will still wear beaglers.

halt_at_x

Visit site
Rules on dress can be found on http://www.britishdressage.co.uk/uploads/File/Equipment and Dress Rules.pdf
Gloves do not have to be white - but a pale colour is strongly preferred.
Besides black and navy jackets you can also wear tweed.
You can also wear cream/beige breeches instead of white if you want.
A white saddle cloth is not compulsary, although most people do use white. If I had a grey or coloured horse I'd avoid white as it can make the horse look grubby!