BD experts... Can you wear brown jackets??

HammieHamlet

Visit site
I'm really struggling to find out if its possible to wear a brown/maroon coloured jacket for BD... I know that tweed is allowed, so surely its not too far away from that?

Does anyone out there know?

Durham

Visit site
Rule 42: Dress, states "Preliminary to Advanced Medium Tests – Uniform, short jacket or tweed coat with correctly tied stock, white American Collar or shirt and tie, hunting cap, bowler hat, crash cap, or dressage topper. Tail coats and short jackets may be any plain conservative, dark colour. For example navy, bottle green or charcoal grey etc. Tweed coats should not be brightly coloured or have loud patterns. Logos level with the breast pocket are permitted on jackets but must not exceed 80 square
cm (9cm x9cm approx).
N.B. At the discretion of the Organiser, competitors may be permitted to ride without coats in excessively hot weather, but a suitable long/short sleeved shirt that fastens at the neck (not bright or multicoloured) with a tie, American collar or correctly fastened stock must be worn. A fitted, plain, conservative coloured waistcoat may be worn when permission has been granted not to wear coats.
Plain dark coloured waterproof coats may be worn in wet weather. Body protectors may be worn."

HammieHamlet

Visit site
Rule 42: Dress, states "Preliminary to Advanced Medium Tests – Uniform, short jacket or tweed coat with correctly tied stock, white American Collar or shirt and tie, hunting cap, bowler hat, crash cap, or dressage topper. Tail coats and short jackets may be any plain conservative, dark colour. For example navy, bottle green or charcoal grey etc. ."

oooh.... thanks! So that hopefully means it's ok? :)

I've found a very cheap maroon Animo jacket that is lovely, but need to know I can wear it for more than just BSJA...

Thank you!!

Durham

Visit site
I've never actually seen anyone in maroon in this country - tweed is definitely worn and I've seen maroon in the Netherlands, but they are much less traditional about these things than in this country. Why don't you ring BD or contact your regional development officer for advice and to get more involved? I find they are always very helpful and the contact numbers are easy to find on the BD website - as are the rules!! My own opinion would depend on whether the jacket looks dark and conservative. If so, it should be ok. Mind you, if it is as hot as it has been this weekend, you may end up asking for dispensation to ride in your shirt and possibly a waistcoat!