BD Flu Vaccination Requirements

Ossy2

Visit site
I’m just looking at the BD rules for flu vaccinations with regards to the 6 month rule. It says the most recent booster must have been given within six calendar months +21 days prior to the horse competing.
Does this mean that a horse vaccinated on say 1st June can compete up to 21st December before having to have another booster?

PStarfish

Visit site
No. The vaccination must be within 6 months but a minimum of 21 days before the competition. So if horse was vaccinated 1st June and you want to compete 21st Dec, you must vaccinate again 1st Dec.

Ossy2

Visit site
No. The vaccination must be within 6 months but a minimum of 21 days before the competition. So if horse was vaccinated 1st June and you want to compete 21st Dec, you must vaccinate again 1st Dec.

But it also states your booster needs to be minimum of 7 days prior to completing? So if you follow that I could vaccinate 7 days prior to the 21st? ?‍♀️

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
No that's not correct. The vaccination has to be within 6 months of the competition dates but they give you a leeway of 21 days, so up to 6 months and 21 days before the competition.

The booster jab must be given 7 clear days before the competition.