BD help please

Jo C

Visit site
Ok so I have finally taken the plunge and registered both me and Patrick with BD but now I am confused. Patrick has full horse registration but in the rule book its says I need a Prelim ID number for him to enter restricted Prelim classes. Do I still need this number even though he is fully registered? The more I read the rules the more confused I get - help!!!
confused.gif
smile.gif

MiffyH

Visit site
POssibly as you don't accrue points at prelim level. Give the BD office a quick call. The up side is prelim registration if free for the horse!

OliveOyl

Visit site
No, a prelim reg no will be the same as your full member number anyway, only with a P in front of it. But they've abandoned the prelim horse reg'n thing now anyway.

Sparklet

Visit site
The registration is in two separate bits - one bit joins you up and you will be sent a welcome back with a card which has your ID number on it - this is the rider ID and you will use that however many horses you own. It needs to be written under your name on your entry form.

The other bit of the registration is joining your horse up and when you send the bits off they will send you a letter which will have the horse ID number. If you have several horse they will all have different ID numbers. You need to write this ID number under your horses name on the entry form.

They call it a prelim ID number meaning the horse is eligible for prelim but there is no need to put a P in front of it.

Good luck

Jo C

Visit site
Thank you - the other reason I got confused was that on the horse registration card there is space for a his registration number which is filled in then under that there is space for a Prelim ID no. which isn't filled in but it looks like it should be -see I bet I have confused everyone else now!

hjw

Visit site
No you only need a prelim ID if you have not registered the horse but wish to compete in the qualifying sections of prelim classes. Basically if you want to qualify you have to have your name on their lists. It is free for a prelim reg number.

As you have registered him fully you do not need a prelim ID number. Your registration number covers you for all classes you compete in and you do not need to put a P in front of it.