BD Prelim Restricted Qualifiers

Fifty Bales of Hay

Visit site
Hi - can somebody tell me if I want to ride in the qualifiers to gain points to hopefully qualify for the BD regionals. Do I have to register my horse at all with BD?

I was told on the phone today I needed to register him as an associate, but upon reading up on the forms this is to be able to enter the Open Prelim, but doesn't mention the Restricted unless you are a BD team quest member or something.

Now I am totally confused????

Zeb93

Visit site
As far as I am aware, there is no open/restricted at prelim just one section. You need to register as an associate to gain points towards regionals, and then I think buy full membership before you can compete at regionals.

Fifty Bales of Hay

Visit site
Thanks Zeb - I've upgraded my BD membership today to Full membership so I should be OK. Its just my horse I'm confused as to whether I need to register him to gain points towards qualifying for the regionals and then compete if I do gain enough.

Madali

Visit site
I am certain that If you are a full member you can register your horse as an associate and still be in restricted.
I hope this is the case as this is what I'm doing and this is what the lady at BD told me

meardsall_millie

Visit site
As far as I am aware, there is no open/restricted at prelim just one section. You need to register as an associate to gain points towards regionals, and then I think buy full membership before you can compete at regionals.

There are open and restricted sections at Prelim. To qualify for the Regionals the rider must be a full member and the horse must be registered as an Associate (which is free), you will then be able to enter the Restricted section and collect your points. To compete at the Regionals the horse must join BD too.

An Associate horse and rider may only enter the Open section which does not count towards Regionals qualification but any sheets of 62%+ can be used for the Pet Plans (I believe) - again I think you need to register before competing at the Areas.

Madali

Visit site
I have a number for my mare and I have just renewed it again for this year which was all done foc again.
I will register her as a full member later in the year when she is a bit more established and I want to do some Novice tests but until then I thought I would save myself some money ( not that is possible with a young horse)