BD regional qualification in Scotland

Marquire

Visit site
Does anyone know why BD decided that the qualification for the regionals if you are based in Scotland only requires one qualifier win with qualification passing down to 2nd place (from 2008)? Prior to the rule change this year you still only needed one win and the qualification was passed down the line to anyone who got the qualifying percentage if those above had already qualified.

I always thought it was because there were less qualifying competitons held in Scotland. However, last year for example we had at least 2x two days comps with qualifiers per month. In my case there were some months were I did 5 novice qualifiers in one month!

With the qualification rules changing in England to need two qualifier wins to qualify for the regionals it seems to me that the situation has become unfair for those based in some areas of England where there may only be one competition with qualifiers per month.
I'm very glad I'm based in Scotland.

Does anyone have any views?

Marie

Northhorse

www.shetlandcommunities.org
It does make it more difficult to qualify in England, but they have to reduce the numbers somehow.
I wonder if the English will get desperate and start invading us again??
I would have thought it would be better to intrduce a second "tier" of qualifiers and competitions to get through to the regionals.

FREESTYLER

Visit site
So, who wants to go to Scotland for a wee trip with me!!!!!!!

Seriously, I can only think that there are less members in Scotland? Maybe good old Troi can enlighten us on this!!!!!!!

Tempi

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
So, who wants to go to Scotland for a wee trip with me!!!!!!!

Seriously, I can only think that there are less members in Scotland? Maybe good old Troi can enlighten us on this!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

im up for a trip to Scotland if you are
wink.gif
grin.gif

SaraG

Visit site
Well, to start with the Scottish qualifying rules only apply to members domiciled in Scotland and competing in Scotland. So anyone who whizzes up there to "take advantage" who is resident in England, will become sadly unstuck.

Not that the Scots aren't a hospitable lot - they'd be pleased to see you regardless!

Pass down in Scotland was to 4th - and the appropriate %age of course. The increase in competing opportunities there made it fairer to change the passdown to 2nd only. However, the number of members in Scotland is still far less and the numbers competing at the Scottish Regionals considerably less than any of those South of the Border (if not Down Mexico Way).