Dressage BD Senior Camp - what to expect?

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
A last minute space came up on our region's upcoming camp, and as it's just up the road I figured why not so have booked us in, but now I've realised I have absolutely no idea what to expect so am panicking a little especially as we've not competed since March and have only managed a couple of arena hires in between.

So tell me all about BD camps folks. I'm hoping this might be the kick up the butt we need to getting ourselves back on track, but would be good to know how others have found them.

oldie48

Visit site
I've done a couple on the past but not in your region. The trainers were good and we did a couple of paired lessons, a test ride with instruction and an individual lesson. There was a range of rider levels and horses there so I wouldn't worry about your lack of competing etc I had a horse that was nov/elem level but I'd only competed UA. Just go with an open mind I'm sure you will have a great time.

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Brill, thanks so much! We'd just started competing at Elementary before our break over summer so I'm figuring the test riding sessions will help get our head back in the game so to speak, just can't decide whether it's worth doing two test riding sessions or opting for the pole work session on day 2.

j1ffy

Visit site
I’ve not done camp as the dates have never worked for me (though I’d like to), but if the team comps are anything to go by I’d expect lots of tea and prosecco! I’ve found regional people to be very supportive and friendly, whatever your level, so I’m sure it would be fun.

Littlebear

Visit site
The last time i went (1 year ago) it was bloomin freezing so be prepared for that, it was great though, paired lesson slots then a test ride and sheet and feedback at the end. In between riding there are lots of things going on, tack talks, biomechanics and demo type stuff.
Riders ranged from intro to Grand Prix so lots to watch and learn from, there was one combo there when I went last that was worth going just to watch them, the most beautiful horse and rider I actually missed a few demos just to watch their lesson!
Really good fun x