BD Summer Regionals

Tegan

Visit site
Hi

We got our final qualifying score today so hoping to get to the regionals at Oldencraig. I am relatively new to BD so have a few questions:

What do I need to do to enter?
Are there any special rules for the regionals e.g. regarding callers, whips etc?
Do you have any tips for the day?

It is the Novice Restricted class that I have qualified for.

Thanks
Tegan

eva

Visit site
well done!!! you'll need all your qualifying sheets to send along with the registration, so get these ready at hand. If you haven't traveled a lot with your horse, get to the venue a day before and put him up in the stable there, you'll have extra time not only to settle down the travel nerves but also to walk around the arena and get familiar with the environment. otherwise - learn your test really really well, relax and remember you're meant to be having fun :)

Tegan

Visit site
Thanks. Good tip about getting the sheets ready.

Although this is a bit further than we usually go it is still only a couple of hours away and he travels well so think I will travel on the day. However, I am going to hire a 3.5 tonne lorry rather than take him in the trailer.

Spiderman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
Congratulations! As sarahhelen says, BD will send out an entry form and covering letter very soon. There will also be a biography form for you to fill out to give the commentator something to say about you and your horse before you start.
You do not need your score sheets for the regionals, that is for the Area Festivals.
Good Luck and enjoy!

Booboos

Visit site
Well done!

As above, BD sends you a letter and a special entry form - you do not need your sheets (only need those for Areas).

No whips, no callers, other than that have a lot of fun!

Nicnac

Visit site
Congrats! Oldencraig is lovely - the only place I've been where they harrow the lorry parking :D