BD training and HC

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
What is the difference, do you go HC if you are out of that level and training if you want to do it but not get points/
Can you go HC and still compete later in the day[ don't think you can do that in BSJA]
How many shows let you go training and still give you a prize [I know some do]

Tangaroo

Visit site
I think you can go HC and then compete normally in another class. There isnt really a difference in Training and HC, just that scores get put up for training and not for HC and some show organisers run the training section as a competition and give rosettes.
I know someone who goes HC cos she doesnt want people to know what score she got - totally daft in my opinion!

JLav

Visit site
The main difference is that to do a training section the horse must actually be eligible for it ie you can't do a Novice class training on an Elementary horse but you could ride an Elementary horse HC in a Novice.

Also you still get rossies and AF qualification in a training section (probably why they say the horse must be eligiable for the class) which you don't HC.

FREESTYLER

Visit site
I did Training elementary twice before I went into it "for real" as such because I did not want to come out of Novice Restricted which I would have if I had done "normal" class. I opted for Training because you can use for AF too.... and yes, I did actually get rossette and Money too!!! Up to the venue as to whether they do this or not though......but apparently Rule book says up to the decision of venue... luckily for me on that day they looked favourably on me and gave me money!!!!!!!!!! I do not think this happens often though!! At the regionals I wanted to do a warm-up class and had entered for Training, but as Jlav said, once you are out of Novice,for instance, you cannot do training and I had to change it to HC instead.

SaraG

Visit site
JLav's summary of the differences needs no further elaboration.

On prizes and rosettes for Training - it is at the discretion of the organiser.

When Training started, there were people "winning" the section on very low scores. Organisers were reluctant to give a first rosette to someone who had scored 53% (say) and riders in the other sections who were unplaced on much higher scores were also put out.

This method seems to work. If the Training score is on a par with the top scores in the rest of the class, then the organiser generally gives rosettes at least.