BE 100 at Eridge and/or Purston... opinions

Bubblegum

Visit site
Both these are running on the same day. We are about equi-distant from them bothand can't decide. It will be a first BE100 run for this horse...we did Purston last year, and found it to be ok...but thought we may be able to find an easier course. But having looked at the results of last year's Eridge...seems XC was quite difficult.
Thoughts and opinions...much appreciated. Thank you
grin.gif

Sarah_Moose

Visit site
Eridge xc is very hard, I wouldn't recommend it for a first time at all.
Last year (in the intro anyway), if you managed to complete the xc you got a rosette literally, as so many bombed out (myself included!)

Bubblegum

Visit site
Ah, ok... thank you. Thought that may be the case, judging by results.
We did like Purston last year...but it was running as a Regional Final...and we thought that the course was quite meaty. But meaty would be a better bet for this horse than really difficult...
crazy.gif

emz206

Visit site
ive never done eridge but purston is difficult. the pn seems to ride ok and ive only ever done the novice but it is known as being a 'big' event. although i wouldnt say the novice is too bad but some think it is... i think its all opinion and your horse. but all the courses at purston are flowing and jump well. the sj is always up to height but again flows and the arena is big and nice.

Bubblegum

Visit site
yes... I would agree with that. We really thought Purston was a nice flowing course...but ,as I said, quite meaty. So I was looking for an alternative for that weekend. Seems like Eridge may not be the answer, though.
Thank you.

Kentisheventer

Visit site
I wouldn't do eridge as a first, tbh if you can avoid it at any level i would. Very trappy courses and does not flow at all IMO- coupled with the fact that last time i was there my stirrup came off the bar (literally!)
tongue.gif