BE a, b and c combination query

MadisonBelle

Visit site
So basically I thought if you stopped at part b or c I thought you had to re-jump the entire combination from scratch (like in showjumping) but it seems you can re-present at the element, be it b or c that you stopped at.

Is that right?

I've never had a stop at a combination so just want to make sure.

BE rulebook says ,• a horse may be re-presented at any element which he has already jumped
if he has refused at a later element, but the penalty stands;

So I get it that if you stopped at b you get 20 pens and if you re-start from a and then stop at a that is now a second stop so 40 pens but I can't see where it says exactly that you can start at the element that you stopped at but it is just implied you can do this.............

Thanks!!

TableDancer

Visit site
If you jump a then stop at b you CAN jump a again if you want to, or you can come straight to b. I assume we are talking XC here - in SJ it is same as BS ie if you stop at a later element you have to retake whole thing :)

TableDancer

Visit site
So basically I thought if you stopped at part b or c I thought you had to re-jump the entire combination from scratch (like in showjumping) but it seems you can re-present at the element, be it b or c that you stopped at.

Is that right?

I've never had a stop at a combination so just want to make sure.

BE rulebook says ,• a horse may be re-presented at any element which he has already jumped
if he has refused at a later element, but the penalty stands;

So I get it that if you stopped at b you get 20 pens and if you re-start from a and then stop at a that is now a second stop so 40 pens but I can't see where it says exactly that you can start at the element that you stopped at but it is just implied you can do this.............

Thanks!!

You're welcome :) But just noticed another thing above: just to be clear, if you were to have a second stop at the same combination (God forbid!) it is actually 40 penalties for the second stop, so 60 in total - worth avoiding if you can help it ;)