BE body protector rules - extension to change?

Jayzee

Visit site
Evening,

My weekends have run away with me a bit and I have realised that my first event weekend is 2 weekends away and pay day is 3 weeks away. I have my body protector but it is the BETA 2009 stamp so will need to get the 2018 stamp, if possible I would really like to not have to get a new one this weekend (end of the month would be much better)but it may be unavoidable as I have been slightly disorganised. I think I read somewhere that BE have offered a grace period of 6 weeks, have I imagined this? Or was this just for racesafe body protectors?

I have had a bit of a look but seem to find conflicting opinions.

Any confirmation would be greatly appreciated

Fieldlife

Visit site
Evening,

My weekends have run away with me a bit and I have realised that my first event weekend is 2 weekends away and pay day is 3 weeks away. I have my body protector but it is the BETA 2009 stamp so will need to get the 2018 stamp, if possible I would really like to not have to get a new one this weekend (end of the month would be much better)but it may be unavoidable as I have been slightly disorganised. I think I read somewhere that BE have offered a grace period of 6 weeks, have I imagined this? Or was this just for racesafe body protectors?

I have had a bit of a look but seem to find conflicting opinions.

Any confirmation would be greatly appreciated
As a general rule this is a situation where I might use a credit card, and then pay it back once I have been paid.

Bobthecob15

Visit site
As a general rule this is a situation where I might use a credit card, and then pay it back once I have been paid.
i think part of the problem is there is a shortage of body protectors, certainly racesafe are harder to come by our local tack shop can’t get them at all. And it’s the sort of thing you want to try on really!

I made an educated guess based on the videos and measurements etc and then found one almost new on facebook/Vinted I forget which. It’s worth a look, eBay too x

ponynutz

Visit site
i think part of the problem is there is a shortage of body protectors, certainly racesafe are harder to come by our local tack shop can’t get them at all. And it’s the sort of thing you want to try on really!

I made an educated guess based on the videos and measurements etc and then found one almost new on facebook/Vinted I forget which. It’s worth a look, eBay too x

If payday is a while away might also be a good shout to go and try on and then go away and have a look on facebook/vinted/ebay?

nutjob

Visit site
I ordered 2 x racesafe body protectors back in Nov 2023, they took about 2 months to arrive despite being in stock on the website.

sollimum

Visit site
I needed a new bodyprotector to ride my youngster. I had to wait 6 weeks for it to arrive which was a bit nerve wracking and they contacted me last week once they were in. I use a small independent shop and so always try and be loyal to them if possible. So you might need to get measured and check their stock levels anyway, at least you will be on the waiting list?

humblepie

Visit site
Our local saddler which is in a racing and eventing area had plenty of Racesafes when I bought one a couple of weeks back.

ponynutz

Visit site
Please don’t try out an item in store just to find your size, then walk out looking to buy cheaper on line. That’s pretty antosocial.

I’d use a credit card in this instance and pay it off as soon as pay check comes in.
I mean I wouldn't do it at a small store like a local tack shop etc., but at one of the bigger stores like Robinsons I probably would in a situation like this where payday was a little while off and I needed something soonish. I wouldn't make it clear that's what I was doing, and agree it is a little bit dicky (I wouldn't do it unless the circumstances were right) but the odd person doing that isn't going to harm them. I'd expect to pay for the try-on if I didn't buy anything as well which I'd be fine with :)