BE Breeches Colour Rule and a mixed wardrobe. What's a girl to do?

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
Righty-ho I have my first BE event next weekend and not sure which combo to go with!

I have a Navy Blue Jacket and a Blue Tweed Jacket. I have a white stock and I have some breeches which I think are technically canary (but not poke your eye out yellow ;)!). I do have some Jods which are 'buff' but they're probably 10 years old and it was probably 5 years and quite a lot of pounds ago when I last wore them. I will try them on before next weekend to check the fit:eek:

I'm unlikely to do more BE events this is probably our once in a life time chance (we have a combined age of 62!) to do this.

So the question is... what do I wear to be within the rules? Risk the canary breeches which I know will fit and blue jacket/white stock or Tweed jacket/ white stock. I have asked a friend if she had a coloured stock but she doesn't. People on my yard are more dressage/unaff sj than eventers.

I suppose I could buy a new stock but I'm trying to keep costs to a minimum! However, that throws up another dilemma - so my jackets are blue, but my XC silk is emerald green (I'll be wearing a white top) so what colour do I buy:confused:

Help and guidance required
(sorry its a long one too. Can't offer a lot in the way of goodies, but willing pop to Sainsbugs and buy Reece Bars - mmmmmh reece bars nom nom!!)

be positive

Visit site
You can wear the plain navy jacket/white stock/fawn beeches pale canary should also be ok.
If you wear tweed jacket you should have coloured stock ,not white.
The problem has been with people wearing white beeches, which are now allowed.
Hope this helps.

Decision_Tree

Visit site
id go tweed, canary and go to charity shop and buy an old mans hunting tie for cheap! better to have comfy jobs on id say, rather than wearing an older pair from back of drawer.